• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Om.

Comment

Morning denizens

I would have had a decent night's sleep but made that mistake of setting my alarms too early, so they interrupted it and prevented it being a truly good night's sleep

I don't know why I do that; if they're too early I just turn them off and try to make up for it by sleeping some more (which doesn't work) so I should just be realistic when setting them

Anyway, a sunny but very frosty start out; the roofs of the outbuildings are the purest white in areas that the sun hasn't yet reached. Up to 4°C now though, with 6° on the cards for this afternoon, but -4° forecast for tonight

Barometers are up a fair amount at 1005/1013mB, and it looks like it'll continue in this vein for the next week or more

Comment

Smalls have been laundered. Now HMWBO's shirts are in.

Comment

In other news, in a fit of new year enthusiasm, I have booked myself onto a 10 week evening class to start learning Portuguese.

Comment

Lunch: roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal)

Thinking of venturing forth to The Shops in a bit

Comment

Lunch: left over curry

Comment

Recycling bin day is normally Monday.
                Last week it was Wednesday.
                This week it's Thursday
                Next week it's Wednesday
                Then Tuesday (Which is an all rubbish day, inc black bin and garden bin)
                And finally on 24th it's back to Monday.

I realise this may be a dull post to everyone, but I needed to remind myself.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That shiny thing in the sky when went for a walk this morning, not a cloud in sight. Makes a change. Took loony lady 1's little car for a run, couldn't get it into reverse, forgot you have to first press the brake on these automatic things. Horrible, worst invention ever.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Shopping done

I went to M&S, though I wasn't sure I really needed anything. Sure enough, all I got was some of the sausages I like for fried breakfasts, and some chunky cod in breadcrumbs. However, I did make use of the new facility for scanning as one goes along using the phone app, including paying on there, so I was able to walk out without visiting any kind of checkout. Worked for me

Nothing as exciting to report from Sainsbury's

Comment

Walked to an Amazon Fresh store to get my steps in. Still just over 1,000 short.

Brought some stuff as got a £10 voucher. Not impressed by the store. Prefer my local corner shop(s) and petrol stations as the prices are the same but the staff seem happier.

Booked a dental appointment after 2 years. Well they sent me a text message so it would have been rude not to respond.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X