• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Century......ommmm
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk briskly but incompletely walked, green ring not closed

It's cold out, and then there was a chilly breeze making it even colder which was going toe in my face for a good distance. I had my warm new coat on but I'd forgotten such other accoutrements as scarf, hat and gloves; so I decided to take a shorter route and get back in the warm

Must remember to start wrapping up properly until such time as the weather improves

Comment

HWMBO went off to do his talking at people thing for a few days so I have to forage for my own dinner from the plethora of left overs filling the fridge.

Watching Inside the Factory, making JCB diggers and a cheeky aside about the history of hydraulics.

Comment

Then I moved onto University Challenge to finish off the Christmas Specials. Now watching Attenborough talking about those mammoth bones found recently.

Comment

Managed to get some reading done. First I started on Dorothy Richardson's Pilgrimage series of novels; only thirteen of them and they aren't individually large, so I daresay I can get them done by New Year. Then I finally got around to reading some of the Collected Poems of Philip Larkin, the pessimistic librarian. (Fun fact: it was while Larkin was working as librarian at what is now the University of Leicester that his Oxford friend Kingsley Amis visited and got the idea for his first novel, Lucky Jim. The cemetery across the road from the university gets a mention therein.) And then onwards with Sam Pepys' 1665, specifically June, in which the war with the Dutch finally gets serious with the naval Battle of Lowestoft (we won).

Then tea was ribs and chips

And that was accompanied by a further episode of The Crash Detectives; at least nobody was killed this time

Comment

Just finished watching The Tourist ep 4-6

TFBSZ

Comment

Further telly was the next episode of Dopesick

And then an Air Crash Investigation about a Peruvian plane that crashed because it flew into a storm so the captain took over from the trainee first officer, and the role switching confused both of them so much that they each forgot what they were supposed to be doing and basically flew it into the ground

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies & sunny out.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky! Hurrah! Chilly though at 2 degrees ('feels like' 0) and a high of 6 later. Barometer has leapt up to 1013 mBar.

Terrible night's sleep last night. Woke up with a start, making a yelp, for no reason that I could fathom but having an impression of there perhaps being a noise for it. Then I ended up dozing a lot with a couple more startled jolts awake. Random creaking noises making me wonder why my pine chest of drawers creaks in the night occupied me for a while.

Then to work wherein I discover that TCS, who the client uses for no good reason that I can fathom, are holding me to ransom over a request ticket I submitted six months ago, to the day. For those that know SharePoint, all I wanted was SMAT run against a small server farm hosting externally accessible sites that are used for client collaboration. It's taken them six months of excuses and they finally got around to testing in staging yesterday. Back in October they tried to get me to close my ticket and open a new one because of all the escalations they were getting due to having such an old ticket on their system. I refused. Now they are saying that they need a new ticket opened to run SMAT in production. I have countered with "this six month old ticket was a production request" and will see what new excuse they come up with to not do the max 2 hour job on Saturday.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold at 14.2 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.943 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 67% RH.

Wednesday.

Om.

Bob's moved:

https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-01-05

Walk (unabbreviated & considerably more rapid towards the end ) walked in the bracing cold & sunshine. Tops of the mountains further up the valley, boyo, are distinctly white, while there was hail on the garden path this morning.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, 2x marmalade sandwiches, bramble jelly sandwich, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: 5 minutes of the Oz Customs thing (definitely no longer tolerable), 5 minutes of the NZ Highway Patrol thing, the remaining Special Feature on the S1 Roswell box set. Onwards to S2 (the SF heavy season).

I must admit that quite a lot of S1 hasn't lived up to memory, such as it is.

Freecell score (abysmal): 83% (low of 72%), running average 84%.

Tea: the last of the chicken with carrots & onions, a yog, some fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Charles Bronson.

Quantum Leap S3 E16 "Southern Comforts": the one in the brothel.

NCIS LA S10 E24 "False Flag".

Roswell S2 E1 "Skin & Bones".

Skin A&E S2 E1.

Roswell S2 E3 "Surprise" The one where Tess got attacked.

Roswell S2 E2 "Ask Not": the JFK one

Roswell S2 E4 "1947": the one where someone from the cleanup tells his story.

Watching them out of order was a tad confusing.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 January 2022, 00:05.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X