• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been rain. It's currently cold and damp with a lazy breeze. Took a brisk walk around the block to post a letter off for the post survey and decided that was plenty enough for today.

Lunch was a chicken and noodle soup I'd rustled up yesterday with some Itsu broth, garlic, ginger and chilli. It's nice enough but, most importantly, it's warm!

Comment

Can't help but wonder if there's a huge untapped business opportunity in Australia, manufacturing those weird Chinese foodstuffs and medicines for consumption by tourists so they don't have to bring their own

Comment

Just popped downstairs to check the post and out the back to check the cars; it's pretty chilly, but it was dry. Then came back inside, washed my hands - and when I then looked out of the front window, it was absolutely tipping down and the road looks drenched

Comment

Looking on Amazon for a birthday card for my dad's 90th next week. There was one listing various facts about 1931, including people born the same year. One of them was Lionel Blair. I checked: he was born in 1928

The rest of the facts were pretty dull, even if they should turn out to be true, so not bothering with that one

Comment

Mundane laundry on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Mundane laundry on
              Mundane laundry done and draped - quick wash, obviously

Comment

My Dad phoned to tell me I need to decide what I want for Christmas before they go to Tesco on Thursday for their weekly shop. Apparently 'nothing' was not acceptable and I have to have something to open.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  My Dad phoned to tell me I need to decide what I want for Christmas before they go to Tesco on Thursday for their weekly shop. Apparently 'nothing' was not acceptable and I have to have something to open.
                  I believe Tesco sell a wide variety of bottles of booze. Bottles can be opened

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Can't help but wonder if there's a huge untapped business opportunity in Australia, manufacturing those weird Chinese foodstuffs and medicines for consumption by tourists so they don't have to bring their own
                    Cane Toad frog fat?

What's not to like?
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Cane Toad frog fat?

What's not to like?
                      That's the stuff! Well, that and a load of other thoroughly repulsive muck

Tea has been Southern not-fried chicken with fries and ketchup

It's M&S SNF chicken, which is much better than the stuff of that ilk that Sainsbury's have taken to selling. I've noticed the last couple of visits that they've moved that to the end of the aisle and I think reduced it a bit, which gives me hope that they've realised their mistake and are just going to get rid of it as quickly as possible and go back to the previous stuff

All accompanied by the latest episode of Surgeons, which does indeed feature some extremely drastic surgery this week

Comment

Working...
                      X