• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: chicken and barley soup with multiseed bread

Clouding over out now, as it was foretold

Comment

Walk reasonably briskly walked, green ring closed

It commenced to drizzle as I set off, and continued throughout in clear contravention of the weather forecast

Very fine drizzle too, like walking through a kind of coarse mist rather than with any apparent downward motion of the moisture; though the sogginess of the pavement by the time I got back showed that there must have been some

Comment

Letter in the post inviting me to take part in a five-year clinical trial of a new cholesterol-reducing drug

Might as well give it a go. With a name like ORION-4, I could hardly refuse

Comment

I was asked today if I would very kindly please accept a further three month extension into Q1 next year as I'm so terribly vital to the project.

Oh, go on then.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I was asked today if I would very kindly please accept a further three month extension into Q1 next year as I'm so terribly vital to the project.

Oh, go on then.

Comment

Good stuff LM.

Been doing council footpath inspections. Long walk, logging faults, taking photos, saving locations on me Garmin. Then ages copying to PC and doing the reports in Excel. The biggest problem is trying to read my own notes. Dunno if anyone else finds this but, after years of using computers, one forgets how to write. Maybe I'll go back to primary school.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Good stuff LM.

Been doing council footpath inspections. Long walk, logging faults, taking photos, saving locations on me Garmin. Then ages copying to PC and doing the reports in Excel. The biggest problem is trying to read my own notes. Dunno if anyone else finds this but, after years of using computers, one forgets how to write. Maybe I'll go back to primary school.
                My handwriting was never that good to start with, but it's absolutely execrable now

I've seriously considered getting a book and some of that paper with the lines to show how high and low your ascenders and descenders should go, like we had in infant school, and teaching myself to write all over again

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oh, go on then.
                  I hope you channelled your inner Jerry!

Click image for larger version  Name:	show-me-the-money-jerry-maguire.gif Views:	0 Size:	2.45 MB ID:	4191347

otherwise NLUK will spank you!

oh all right then...

Last edited by vetran; 8 November 2021, 22:54.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

apparently having 23 days holiday this late in the year is a bad thing, so i booked a day off, lie in , nice Batchelor chow breakfast. Wander around the shops to pick up the girls stocking fillers. Now back cooking Schezwan chicken!

have fun.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea has been lamb scouse, as predicted, accompanied by a thick end of sesame bloomer. Extremely tasty, it was

Comment

Working...
                      X