• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: corned beef butties, on nice fresh sesame bloomer

One of those dark, evil-looking spiders was attempting to make its way up the bathroom wall. It has been captured and ushered out of the kitchen window

Comment

The teapot has been brought into play

Comment

It's been busy for a Friday but it was interesting work so I didn't mind. I'm just finishing off some tinkerings and then it'll be gin o'clock. I could wait for HWMBO to get back but that won't be until 9pm or later and I is a thirsty lass.

Comment

Earlier, Richard Littler (creator of Scarfolk) asked people to tweet their favourite battered childhood books, toys, and suchlike. So I replied with a photo of my Yellow Submarine, and somebody said that there'd been one on The Repair Shop a little while ago.

So I hunted it down on iPlayer, and watched that along with my tea and biscuits. It's quite an enjoyable programme, that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Earlier, Richard Littler (creator of Scarfolk) asked people to tweet their favourite battered childhood books, toys, and suchlike. So I replied with a photo of my Yellow Submarine, and somebody said that there'd been one on The Repair Shop a little while ago.

So I hunted it down on iPlayer, and watched that along with my tea and biscuits. It's quite an enjoyable programme, that
            The Repair Shop is one of my favourite programmes

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The Repair Shop is one of my favourite programmes
              I've seen people singing its praises (including you) but for some reason I'd never got around to having a look

Speaking of things in need of repair, the lid-opening button on my kettle has stopped opening the lid

I had a look and can't identify any way in which the bit that moves when the button is pressed could cause the necessary catch to release. So either I'm missing something, or a bit of it fell off (and probably went down the plughole when I emptied it earlier). Ah well, it was only a cheap Sainsbury's one, and I can still get the lid open if I pick around the area of the catch with my thumbnail

Comment

Lovely tea tonight, in the form of a roast lamb dinner

Sainsbury's have started selling whole shoulders of lamb again. So there'll be a sizeable amount of Scotch broth coming soon too

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

Current Observation
                    Station: Samedan, 1708 m above sea level

Temperature 1.9 °C
                    Sunshine 0 of 10 min
                    Precipitation 0 mm/h
                    Wind speed 8 km/h
                    Wind direction N
                    Wind gusts 10 km/h
                    Relative humidity 85%
                    Pressure 833 hPa

Heading home today. Once the truck has arrived to take the car to the garage to have the tank drained of the 9l of diesel (on top of 26l of unleaded already in there) in my petrol car...

What idiot forgot he was driving his daughter's car, did you ask?

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That time already?

After a bit of Ambulance (which seems to have shifted to S8 while I wasn't looking) during dinner, tonight's - well, OK, last night's - major motion picture premiere was The Green Knight (2021), a simple story of daily life in the West Country. I would imagine they had to stop that stuff around the Round Table when social distancing came in, but other than that it seemed fairly up to date with life down there

And then, why not rewatch Atomic Blonde (2017) and The Hunt for Red October (1990) because they're both very good

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X