• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Bit of a grey start out, though occasional sunshine is expected later. Currently 13°C, with 20° predicted for this afternoon; barometers up again at 1021/1029mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry (as in no current precipitation).

Damp.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Warmer at 17.4 deg in here.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 72% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Walked very slowly walked due to foot discomfort. I suspect this was caused by the newly acquired Boots(tm) foot file thing being closer to a bastard cut than the 2nd cut I was previously used to.

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons into the WM.

Shirts out of the TD, roughly iRoned, and airing in the back bedroom hanging from the picture rails.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato (x1.5) on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red corner yog (pippy), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: the usual selection, with the addition of some CITES coral being confiscated, and a very live cockroach being zapped, with two south African gentlemens, allegedly in NZ for the World Cup, being relieved of their fake tickets and even more fake credit card: denied entry.

Cottons out of the TD and airing over the banisters.

Some of the pile of unopened correspondence duly opened & discarded where necessary, and put ready for "filing" with the other crap that equally requires filing once I get a round tuit.

Logged in to one of my many email accounts to find an email from a nice lady working at an insurance brokerage in Alberta, Canada relating to some claim or other some other (presumably Canadian) chap had made.

Checked the email address via google & it seemed valid.

For some odd reason that particular account seems to get quite a lot of stuff from the Septic type area.

Dunno why.

Some time was spent apotching with the security camera thingie, two cameras having died due to lack of innerest.

By a bit of deft unplugging & replugging, proved that the magic box itself was ok, but the cameras (or connections thereto) were defunct.

The brand new (i.e. still boxed & 15 years old) replacement failed to do anything, but when tested against a proper tv proved to work ok, so there's sommat up somewhere, probably the lack of a 75 ohm resistor in the switchbox.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some peach slices, a yog x2, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Burt Lancaster.

Half of NCIS S4 E17 "Skeletons".

Abandoned Engineering (once I remembered it was on): the Pacific Island of Peleliu which featured on The Pacific War: the caves carved by the Japanese, a Russian man made island built to protect St Petersburg then used as an experimental plague lab, a Peruvian lead mine, the Romanian prison that Nicolae Ceausescu was locked up in, along with a shedload of other reds, by the King of Romania.

Some dumb thing on Blaze about Egypt, well it makes a change from dumb things about UFOs, after all Egypt actually exists, and you can fecking go there without being abducted by random aliens bent on anal probing.

Er, if you see what I mean.

Actually it's so inneresting that I've been testing transistors whilst "watching" it.

I think I've found some BC182LB transistors now I don't need them any more.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 October 2021, 21:19.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

A hazy brightness battling its way through the cloud this morning. Dry. Currently 14 degrees, high of 18 later. A slight chance of a shower mid afternoon. Barometer up to 1029 mBar.

Another morning where I didn't want to get up and slept through most of the hour of drivel my alarm clock radio issues each day.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Prime Minister Harold Wilson officially opens London's 'Post Office Tower' 1965

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

And the (well, a) recycling bin has been trundled back in, while the only general waste bin to have been used this week has been trundled forth

Comment

Had a round of buttered wholemeal toast, so I'm almost ready to face the day

Comment

Popped down to check, and it seems the general waste bins are done by eleven. So that's been trundled back in, and my status as "tenant who's moderately useful on occasion" remains secure

Comment

I want to go and get the shopping done, but I'm waiting for a notification from M&S that my new coat is ready for collection

I might chance it anyway and go to Sainsbury's first.

Comment

Morning all

Busy in meetings so far today - even though it's "No Meeting Friday"
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I want to go and get the shopping done, but I'm waiting for a notification from M&S that my new coat is ready for collection

I might chance it anyway and go to Sainsbury's first.
                    Went to Sainsbury's, assuming that by the time I was done I'd have got a message saying the coat was ready for collection at M&S over the road. I didn't

On the bright side, I did see a Crouch Recovery heavy wrecker towing a van

Not close enough to see who was driving though.

Comment

And now an email arrives from M&S telling me my order has been delayed by 48 hours

I'm not going there on a Sunday when the hapless victims of capitalism throng the retail park in their limited time off, so it'll be Monday before I get it now

Comment

Working...
                      X