• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mundane laundry done

It's not really that chilly in absolute terms, but I still felt the need to put the fire on for a bit

Comment

I thought I'd better sit the test for the course I did the other week. I passed so I'm now a Certified Agile Service Manager. No idea what that means and I suspect it won't help me get any new gigs but it's good to know I can just about retain information long enough to get a shiny certificate.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Grey out still, and the breeze felt a tad chilly right at the start; but I soon warmed up

On the way out I ran into the bloke who stores stuff hereabouts, with one of his crew. The last couple of nights, somebody's been letting themselves into his little compound and I've been closing the gate again, so I let him know. Ended up chatting for a bit, and discovered that he's actually the son of the landlady - well, more accurately, the grandson of the landlady, whose son and daughter manage this place and fifteen or twenty others between them. This explains why he also gets to store more of his junk in our old stable, and generally seems to have the run of the place. Hope he mentions to them that I've been looking after his interests; can't hurt to keep on the right side of the family

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I thought I'd better sit the test for the course I did the other week. I passed so I'm now a Certified Agile Service Manager. No idea what that means and I suspect it won't help me get any new gigs but it's good to know I can just about retain information long enough to get a shiny certificate.
          Excellent!

Comment

Decided to give Missions a try on iPlayer. Space, Mars, something French.

Comment

I've further refined my theory on the covid alert, having looked at the algorithm. You need to have been within 2m (estimated distance based on strength of Bluetooth LE signal) of a tested-positive person for fifteen minutes or more, and that pretty much ruled out the upstairs and downstairs neighbours if the accuracy of the estimation is any good; the high ceilings mean their phones are almost certainly more than 2m away from mine. Also, I saw him upstairs going off to work this afternoon (he works shifts), so he's not isolating. Dunno about the chap downstairs, but he doesn't seem to be home either.

The GP surgery is out because there's nobody there on Saturday, and if there was, my armchair is probably too far away from that wall.

But on Saturday, I spent time lounging in bed while I had my coffee and read nonsense on the Internet, and as usual my phone was lying on the bed next to me, near the neighbouring wall on the other side. So the new theory is that it's whoever lives through that wall that's tested positive, as even if the wall attenuated the signal, their phone would still be close enough if it was over this side of the room; and it would have been in range for longer than fifteen minutes.

So it seems unlikely I ever came into close contact with the diseased individual at all, they just live next door

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Well Missions got off to a reasonable start. Someone died and the computer that runs the life support failed.

More Curse of Oak Island watched but I need to scale back on that until I know the fate of season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Test came back negative
                    Hurrah no chimpatzís variant!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day, with even a hint of mist to the atmosphere; soon be autumn

Starting temperature down to 13°C now, with 18° possible later, but the greyness is not expected to lift. Barometers up again, though, at 1025/1033mB

I seem to have neglected to wish everyone goodnight last night

For the record, the telly yestere'en was another new episode of Police Interceptors

Comment

Working...
                      X