• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the dental hygienist earlier this afternoon so that was a nice walk out and back.

Watching Paddington 24/7 wherein a 200ft piece of rail left behind after rail replacement works got in the way and was hit by a train coming in to platform 5. I've always wondered why they leave stuff behind all over the place after doing works and I haven't gotten an answer to that.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      I spent some of the afternoon sweating like a pig, swearing like a trooper, and grovelling like a politician at election time whilsst getting that back box off the car.

Oddly the bolts came undone easily which is Always A Bad Sign, whilst the rubber mountings were a grade A pain in the arse, had to use some rubber lubricant to shift the feckers.

Dunno what bits of scrap I can press into use during the repair.

I think there's a surfeit of baked bean cans available.
      Worth keeping a few in stock; as long as you keep replacing them, the rest of the car will go on for ever, as is the nature of the Toyota Corolla

Comment

Tea has been a big bowl of scouse, accompanied by a couple of thick ends of sesame bloomer out of the freezer

And there's enough for four more bowls of it divvied up, ready for a night in the fridge before occupying some of that now unused space

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Worth keeping a few in stock; as long as you keep replacing them, the rest of the car will go on for ever, as is the nature of the Toyota Corolla
          Unfortunately my 1997 Corolla died ignominiously a couple or three years ago.

Sommat died in the ignition and I couldn't be arsed to figure out what.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Telly was a NEW! episode of Police Interceptors

Another early night now. One more of them and I've made it to the long weekend

Except it's also the end of the month so I'll probably have to be up early on Sunday for the Zoom thing with the New Zealand cousins

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start!

Going to cloud over in a bit though - before nine, supposedly. Currently 14°C, as usual, with no more than 18° predicted; barometers down a bit at 1015/1023mB

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry out. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Low chance of rain but also not much sun either. Barometer continues it downward trajectory to 1022 mBar.

Tired this morning, didn't want to get out of bed. I'm working the bank holiday Monday because I can (and I have two weeks off coming up so it's no hardship).

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  The first recorded ascent of 'Triglav', the highest mountain in Slovenia 1773

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dull.

Dry.

Sunless.

20.2 deg in here.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 73% RH.

Awake at 05:45 yet again.

Finally got up & played Freecell: 93%, running average 84% (84.11% so going the right way again).

Thursday judging by the racket the recycling & waste disposal engineers made a little earlier.

Walk walked on the new abbreviated route, just for a nice change, like.

"They've" filled in some muddy patches on a slope with stuff that makes it even more dangerous than it was before, said "stuff" being more spherical than it sensibly should be, so if you're a really old fart & not too steady on yer pins, you might well be in for some compo for the broken leg/hip/ribs/neck*.

*Delete as applicable.

Found some more scrap to fettle my replacement exhaust flange out of.

The other bit is some exhaust pipe I bought nearly 40 years ago when making exhausts for the Dutton Phaeces kit car to replace the curious construction of scrap that it was originally blessed with.

And that's passed another 10 minutes looking at crap kit cars of yore.

Found a couple with silly engines: one with an Essex V6, the other with a V8.

It was frightening enough with a clapped out 2 litre pinto engine, could do donuts with that.

I'm quite upset about that poor cat on the NZ customs thing.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

New flange fabricated for the exhaust back box.

Pipes cut to approximately the right length.

Tomorrow it'll be the fiddling about and welding it up stage.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S4 E9. More Michael.

Massive Extinctions on Smithsonian.

Tea: chilli con carne (post freezer festering hotness) with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Discovering Roy "We're gonna need a bigger boat" Scheider.

John Wayne: America at all costs (2019).

NCIS S16 E19 "Perennial"

NCIS S16 E20 "Hail & Farewell".

Skin A&E.

More good pustulent goodness: nice cyst.

Memo to self: there's a reason some arseholes are on the ignore list.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 August 2021, 21:09.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Thursday judging by the racket the recycling & waste disposal engineers made a little earlier.
                      I keep thinking it's Friday, then realising it isn't

Comment

Working...
                      X