• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suck that BR!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Give 'em hell! Or maybe give 'em what they want; might be a better strategy
      Well the person likes it, which is really all I can ask for - and told me a few interesting things...

Got to simplify the explanation to an even more noddy level though.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Well the person likes it, which is really all I can ask for - and told me a few interesting things...

Excellent your first sponsor. Well done.

Its really difficult to set your level. I was explaining something I considered fairly simple to a BA last night but she just didn't quite get it. She is an intelligent lady but I missed the level.

A decent technical Author is normally the solution. Or use your family as guinea pigs.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Comment

Got this really annoying situation where our app runs fine locally but falls over when deployed to this containerised environment where it will eventually live. No access to logs or console. Can't even use the same Docker images locally as they're locked down. So I'm now reduced to commenting out chunks of the Dockerfile, committing, pushing, and re-deploying (which takes three or four minutes) to see if it fails over there

Still, I'm learning a lot about Docker

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Excellent your first sponsor. Well done.

Its really difficult to set your level. I was explaining something I considered fairly simple to a BA last night but she just didn't quite get it. She is an intelligent lady but I missed the level.

A decent technical Author is normally the solution. Or use your family as guinea pigs.
              Not a sponsor really - but someone I need on side as I go forward with it so they champion it, but also someone who has definitely had a "Road to Damascus" change in opinion over the years.

Those who know me and the marketplace may be able to guess who it was.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                “Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Comment

Quick walk around the block to post a birthday card.

Signs of some light precipitation on the ground but the sun briefly popped its nose out so I decided to take the longer way back. The rain restarted when I was about halfway home. Just a light shower but getting progressively heavier the closer I got to home.

Comment

And that's it for the week.

Need to order a printer via ebay at 12 (10x nectar points so £15 worth on a £300 machine) then off to the lakes.

Comment

The bread is in the oven. However, it's just occurred to me that those plastic crates probably don't get cleaned very often, and if the loaf's been sat in one for a few hours with beer that's picked up whatever muck is on the surface soaking into it, then I probably don't really want to eat it anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X