• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Hot in here at 24.8 deg.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 68% RH.

Thursday.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Peugeot 205GTI Rally car that's normally aspirated with twin 40s from the looks of it.

I was surprised they didn't fit the injection kit.

Guest appearance by Paddy Hopkirk of mini rallying fame.

Freecell score in the abysmal heat: 100% (of 8), running average 84% (84.066%).

27.1 deg in here at 14:56. It's too darn hot.

Abandoned Engineering: some septic mental hospital where lobotomies were performed, Albanian fun in WWII.

Trucking Hell S3 E4: wherein Rory rescues a truck on the Fosse Way that he reckons might have hit a rhinoceros, Merrie rescues a sprinter that's stuck in the mud down a muddy track about 6" wider than her truck, a car ends up in a waterfilled ditch on a straight road.

27.4 deg in here at 16:48.

Tea: the first portion of chilli con carne with rice, some tinned fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jeff Bridges (subtitles needed for True Grit (2010)).

No mention of "True Grit (2010)".

Which I found a bit odd.

27.7 deg in here now at 19:33.

Him next door instead of banging stuff on the party wall is busy strimming in the garden with one of those noisy petrol strimmers.

Did I mention the Chinook that flew over earlier?

The sound they make is unmistakable.

Secret Nazi Bases at 20:00: boring.

Skin A&E at 21:00: some pustulent goodness in that one.

Thing about The Black Death on More4. Nothing new: from 2014 or so.

26.5 deg in here at 23:15.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 July 2021, 22:15.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thursday.
      No it's not it's Monday. Yer goin senile. Oh no it's me what's senile, it's Saturday. Or is it Thursday? Yeh. Told you it was.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've been thinking it's a day later than it is all week. Monday I kept thinking it was Tuesday, Tuesday I had to keep reminding myself it wasn't Wednesday, and so on. Wish it actually was Friday

Comment

Lunch was some freshly-baked sausage rolls

Didn't help cool the kitchen down, but worth it

And the recycling bin has been topped off with my stuff and trundled forth in the baking heat. It's 28°C outside and in, and I'm not keen

Comment

I too had sausage rolls for lunch, warmed up in the oven.

Trundling will take place later this evening.

Currently 29 out and 23 in

Comment

It's clouded over a bit but still toasty out.

I had a flurry of productivity and now I'm not inclined to do much more.

HWMBO and I have decided to postpone the Chile/Antarctica trip and reconsider it next year

Comment

I've knocked off. Didn't really do much anyway; things are in transitional mode as we switch from developing one app to developing the complementary app to make use of the data from the first. This involves a radically different environment (to which the thing I've been working on transports the data in an eventually-consistent way) and the other dev is dealing with a bunch of stuff to do with getting us working development environments set up. The data pipeline thing can't progress because all the people who need to do things to make stuff happen are on an away day. So I've mainly been playing around with bits and bobs and giving some thought to how to structure certain aspects of the new app

It got up to 29-30°C outside but it's fallen back to 28° now; in here, it's gone down from around the same to 27.5° over the last thirty minutes or so, which is good of it

Looking forward to the 80% chance of rain on Saturday

Comment

Dinner was some potato wedges made from a couple of smaller sized spuds that I'd baked whole then chopped up and baked again until crispy. Topped with a dippy fried egg.

Ents was lots of 24 Hours in A&E.

Comment

Bins have been trundled but one untrundled itself, requiring retrunding.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

HWMBO and I have decided to postpone the Chile/Antarctica trip and reconsider it next year

Comment

Working...
                      X