• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Temperature 26.6 °C
    Relative humidity 50%
    Pressure 983 hPa

Today is out 31st wedding anniversary. My wife is supposed to have 4 weeks off in July, but for various reasons hasn't been able to do that this year, so she's at work now. I spent the day clearing the wood (broken up pallets) out of the garage, then to France for caviar. They didn't have any, but they did have andouillette and other goodies, so I got some of that including Breton cider. And then drove to this Russian shop I know in Germany, and got the caviar there - the Russian lady who assisted me very kind, guiding me to what she thought was the best stuff - at least, she said, it's what she eats on special occasions. On the way home I bought champagne.

The meal this evening will be:
    Caviar (two kinds)
    French bread
    Cucumber
    Russian smoked cheese
    Paté de Campagne
    Duck liver paté.
    Champagne.

Congratulations! Have a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Congratulations! Have a good one!
      Hoping for it, but as you get older, lust has to coincide. But you do get more patient. And when it happens....
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Towel wash on

Light coloured ones. Turns out having the washing machine do a 60° wash warms up the kitchen a bit in this weather

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          The meal this evening will be:
          Caviar (two kinds)
          French bread
          Cucumber
          Russian smoked cheese
          Paté de Campagne
          Duck liver paté.
          Champagne.

Smoked salmon / cream cheese mouse on endives.

It was great.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tea has been one of those steak & caramelised onion burgers on a toasted sesame bun with sweet chilli sauce, and fries. Delicious

Almost cool enough to go for a walk now - down to 22°C out, and a very light breeze has sprung up

Comment

Walk briskly walked, during which the temperature outside dropped to 20°C; green and red rings closed, completing the set for today

Comment

Just a little Traffic Cops whilst eating was all the telly for tonight. Other than that, I've been reading Stasiland, about people involved, one way or the other, with the DDR's state surveillance apparatus. Excellent book

Early night now, as I'd like to make an early start tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start. What a surprise

Already 17°C out there, with 27°C on the cards throughout the afternoon. In here, the living room managed to get down to 23.8° overnight, while the bedroom hovers around 25.4°. Barometers marginally up at 1016/1024mB

Comment

Morning all

The firey ball persists, although it did cloud over a bit last night. I think that just served to keep the heat of the day trapped in as I didn't sleep at all well. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 28 later (so that'll be 29 or 30 if previous days' predictions are anything to go by). Barometer up a smidge to 1023 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    French submarine 'Minerve' is discovered off coast of Toulon in France, after disappearing in 1968, 2019

I can't help but think the addition of the word 'the' would make that sentence read so much better... There was room to fit it in.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

And as part of the process: haircut had, and monthly prescription collected, and then a bit more walking as I wasn't sure how those detours affected the record of walking

Comment

Working...
                      X