• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was Waitrose chunky haddock fish fingers, curly fries and corn on the cob.

Comment

Tea has been Southern not-fried chicken with fries and ketchup

The rain did arrive but I think it's moved on now. More due overnight though; it'll be nice for the trees, I suppose

Comment

Ents has been a couple of eps of Oak Island (unsuccessful trip to Halifax to find the 90 ft stone and digging a shaft by the money pit) and the last of the Prof B Cox programmes to top up his pension.

Now to trundle the bins.

Comment

ents last few days was

Daylights End - Formulaic zombie movie OK
          Killer weekend - Severance with Zombies and no missiles. Sort of amusing.
          A Scouts guide to the Zombie Apocalypse - a decent spoof with a few laugh out loud moments. All zombie killing should be done to dolly Parton tracks...
          Currently on Date Movie.
          Last edited by vetran; 25 June 2021, 09:18.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's viewing was a bit of Traffic Cops whilst dining, and then the first half of Horizon's special following several of the different teams around the world developing coronavirus vaccines last year

It's ninety minutes long though, and I'm feeling tired so I'm getting an early night.

The recycling bin was trundled earlier on the way out for my walk. Tomorrow I need to pop up to the pharmacy for the monthly prescription, but unfortunately that will have to be done earlier than the usual time the bins are done at the moment, so I'll have to go downstairs twice during the course of the day

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another cloudy start, though it seems comparatively bright so maybe the cloud's a bit thinner today

Currently 13°C with an expected high of 17°, and rain due from the middle of the afternoon; barometers down somewhat at 1008/1016mB.

But: it's Friday!

Comment

Morning all

Dull, a bit damp, overcast. Currently 16 degrees and the high will be 20. Rain expected off and on all day. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Lucien B Smith receives the first US patent for barbed wire in Ohio 1867

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Dark.

Dreary.

White sky.

Sunless.

20.1 deg in here.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 66% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM (including the white one I wear at funerals that had got dusty due to hanging unworn on the picture rails for several years).

Walk walked.

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM & into the TD.

Cottons into the WM on the shirts setting bumped to 60 deg.

Eyes itching now.

I remember repairing a Dualit toaster for a chap in work.

I spent many happy hours burning shedloads of receipts kept by Strangelove Mater.

I may have mentioned previously the two spikes kept in the pantry that had receipts going back to the 1920s.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons oat and barley loaf (last slice: it's not as good as the wholemeal sunflower & spelt, it must be said, though nice enough in its way), bramble jelly sandwich x2 on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, red/purple pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts roughly iRoned to the best of my limited ability.

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the banisters.

Picking with rain out there and getting quite dark.

Freecell score: 87%, running average 84% (83.96%).

Wasn't in the zone today, feeling much too irritated by life, the universe & everything.

It's doing rather more than picking with rain now.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod (chunky), some sliced peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Julie Christie on Sky Arts.

I think we're about to reach Mrs Miller.

I've never heard of most of these films.

Not enough guns, at a guess.

Music Vids that shaped the 80s on Sky Arts.

"Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)" with that Arnold Swartzenegger, Linda Hamilton, and assorted others.

It was very good.

Since it's a bluray there's a lot of extras though there's no commentary as far as I'm aware, maybe that's on the 4k version.

TFBSDrS.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 June 2021, 22:10.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Late breakfast of toast with marmite had.

My toaster is becoming annoying, it seems to need longer and longer to actually brown the bread. It's a Dualit, so you'd expect it to behave. I am getting to the point where I am wondering if I need to try and find the receipt (unlikely to be found as I tend not to keep receipts).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Late breakfast of toast with marmite had.

My toaster is becoming annoying, it seems to need longer and longer to actually brown the bread. It's a Dualit, so you'd expect it to behave. I am getting to the point where I am wondering if I need to try and find the receipt (unlikely to be found as I tend not to keep receipts).
                      I take a photo of them as I buy things - same as you would do for expenses.

Yes there is still a slight argument in the shop but it's not like you have zero evidence.

What I've found recently though is that I think something is x years old and then discover when I go and doublecheck its x+y years old - and is therefore time served.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X