• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry (as in it's not currently raining).

Grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

19.9 deg in here today.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 66% RH.

Thursday.

The Recycling & Disposal Engineers made their merry way this morning at 06:35.

I managed to doze through to a more reasonable time today, having awoken unbidden at about 06:05 again.

Prompted by xogg I had another look on streetview in case the late cat & parents had suddenly appeared since the last time.

They hadn't. But the condition of their house was considerably better in 2008, 2010, & 2011 than it is now.

Walk walked, during which the magnificently embosomed one from next door but one stopped for a chat.

The flies are getting towards annoying on the walk.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons oat and barley bread, bramble jelly sandwich x2 on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Someone's (a gas fitter perchance?) has been fettling something (presumably the gas fire) on the party wall next door.

Not particularly noisy compared to previous endeavours it must be said.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 84% (83.94%).

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering George C. Scott on Sky Arts.

Discovering Richard Attenborough on Sky Arts.

Trucking Hell S4 E?? on Paramount.

Another Rory free ep, I suspect we may have seen the last of him.

Michael moves a boat.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 June 2021, 21:34.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Another nice bit on GSV:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.0223...7i13312!8i6656
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Comment

Took advantage of a lack of meetings to walk up to the High Street to pay for my shoe repairs. Two of the three pairs were done and so I took them away with me.

Then popped into Ole and Steen to pick up a nice filled roll for lunch and a half loaf of bread. I do like places that will sell half a loaf.

Comment

Sainsbury's arrived about fifteen minutes early, so that's all sorted out.

Lunch has been a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal, apple sauce arrived in the delivery so good timing)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              It's like the bit in a late 1960s movie where the protagonist's drink has been spiked with acid

Comment

Got in touch with the bloke on the data team that'll consume this Activity Streams 2.0 feed I've been making. I mentioned that I'd run it through the W3C's validator and it passed. Turns out even though there's loads of these feeds funnelling stuff into the data warehouse (or whatever it's called), nobody has ever bothered to validate one before

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

HWMBO assured me we watched it together last week but I only remember bits of it.
                  obviously a good night!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's clouded over this afternoon. Probably in preparation for that overnight rain which was on the forecast.

I have repotted my orchid so will soon see if that has killed it.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, all three rings closed

It's cloudy here, as it has been all day, and feels a bit muggy too at 20°C. Apparently it'll start raining some time in the next hour ("in 21 minutes" the weather app says, now Apple have bought that company known for its really accurate localised predictions), though it doesn't seem as if it'll go on for too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X