• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Lovely bright sunny morning with a few fluffs of cloud here and there. Currently 14 degrees with a high later of 17. Rain expected overnight.

Enjoying my day off so far, having had a nice long lie in and HWMBO bringing me coffee in bed.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Macadamia nuts are first planted in Hawaii 1892

Comment

Rain rain
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Been clearing out some junk in my garage. Loads of old tools from when I used to do my own car repairs, have no idea anymore what a lot of them were for. Eg there's a big metal thing you attach to an electric drill that makes a tiny metal rod go in and out. Looks like a sex toy for a mosquito.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The map said he was seven deliveries from mine, but showed him parked close by. So I popped over to the window, just in time to see him getting back in his van and driving off!

But when I popped down, the parcel was in the hall as the chap in the downstairs front had got the door. There was also another parcel for somebody else, so maybe the algorithm was going to send him here twice and he saw through its machinations or something

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Been clearing out some junk in my garage. Loads of old tools from when I used to do my own car repairs, have no idea anymore what a lot of them were for. Eg there's a big metal thing you attach to an electric drill that makes a tiny metal rod go in and out. Looks like a sex toy for a mosquito.
            Are you going to sell them on eBay? Buyer collects?

Comment

Lunch: a hot dog, and a couple of raspberry jam doughnuts

The recycling bin has been trundled back in, whilst doing which I got rather wet as the rain has become persistent

Comment

Are you going to sell them on eBay? Buyer collects?
                May put on Freecycle. Seem to be quite a lot of people driving ancient old cars round here. Have to keep well back if they are in front due to the stink.

Trouble is, don't know how to describe some of them. Would anyone know what a "mosquito sex toy" was actually for?
                Last edited by xoggoth; 18 June 2021, 12:50.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I managed to put all my rubbish and recycling outside in between rain showers.

Need to do a bit of housework in a bit.

Comment

It's been a beautiful day up here today. I, of course, haven't been outside in it.

I believe it's grim down south

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      It's been a beautiful day up here today. I, of course, haven't been outside in it.

I believe it's grim down south
                      Indeed, it's a 'fine soft day' in soggy sarf herts

Comment

Working...
                      X