• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been chicken madras, with the usual rice and naan. Very nice

Comment

As it's been a lovely warm day and evening, dinner was a chicken casserole from the freezer.

Ended up faffing about doing bits of admin here and there so no telly box.

Comment

Entertainment here was a bit of Trucking Hell, just to pass the time

Early night now. Tomorrow, we're planning to deploy a brand new application to production on the Friday before a Bank Holiday weekend. Nothing could go wrong with that

On the bright side, the only users are civil servants so it's unlikely any of them will be working. In fact, I'm not even sure any of them will be told it's available; they'll submit reports via it monthly, so they'll already have updated the huge, soon-to-be-obsolete Excel spreadsheet for May and won't have any reason to use our app until next week, if then. So it's mainly just a question of seeing if it's still up on Tuesday

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Thin, high cloud filtering the sun a little, but it's already 11°C and expected to be 18° later; barometers on 1013/1020mB, so up a bit again

Sainsbury's delivery will be between 19:59 and 20:59

But most importantly: Friday!

Comment

Morning all

Bright and dry out. Blue sky with a mix of fluffy and wispy cloud about. Currently 15 degrees and high expected of 19. Chance of a light shower after lunch. Barometer up to 1022 mBar.

Hurray for a long weekend!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            The 'Dionne Quintuplets', the first set of documented quintuplets to survive infancy, are born in Canada 1934

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Turning into a nice sunny morning out there, despite the weather app's prognostications of a cloudy day

Comment

Do you do the same route, on those occasions where you don't need to stop by the Amazon locker or run other chores?

I'm pretty good about getting out for a walk if I have somewhere I need to be but am rubbish if I have no reason to leave the flat. I actually enjoy a walk, whether in town or country, but that's not enough to get me off my behind and move.

I need to find my motivation!

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Wet.

Sunless.

17.5 deg in here.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 60% RH.

Friday apparently.

What's "a long weekend"?

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD & airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM & into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Entertainment: thing on Smithsonian about the P38 Lightning.

Shirts roughly iRoned and hanging on the picture rail in the back badroom to air a bit.

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the banisters.

Walk walked.

Very close out there and grey with it, but at least the rain has gone away for now.

Entertainment: NCIS S5 E18: the one where Jenny gets offed.

It's got Mike Franks in it so that's always a sign of good honest value.

Trucking Hell S2 E20: No Rory. It was the one with the torched buses on New Year's Day, oddly Merrie from Lantern was in there with the chaps from Crouch.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, the last last of the tinned pears, unlike yesterday's not last, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettiet tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Albert Finney on Sky Arts.

Songs that defined history: the fall of the Berlin Wall on Sky Arts.

I wonder if our Rog will appear.

Yup, he did, briefly.

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 84% (83.8something).

Disasters at sea: how to blow the tulip out of a container ship: load the hold with temperature sensitive stuff then surround it with hot stuff.

Not a good combination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSC_Flaminia

Not helped by the labels indicating the stuff kills fish rather than blows up.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 May 2021, 21:13.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Do you do the same route, on those occasions where you don't need to stop by the Amazon locker or run other chores?

I'm pretty good about getting out for a walk if I have somewhere I need to be but am rubbish if I have no reason to leave the flat. I actually enjoy a walk, whether in town or country, but that's not enough to get me off my behind and move.

I need to find my motivation!
                    Usually the same one. I found a route that's thirty minutes and two miles and avoids the grottier parts of the area. But sometimes I do another one for a change - it's the same at the start but I turn left instead of right when I get over the initial "hill" (mild slope), and that one has the advantage of offering a couple of options for cutting things short if it starts chucking it down or something; on the usual one, once I turn right, there's no escape

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Early night now. Tomorrow, we're planning to deploy a brand new application to production on the Friday before a Bank Holiday weekend. Nothing could go wrong with that
                      It works!

Well, it gave me an expected error page when there were a couple of things left to set up - I deliberately tested it before doing them, just to confirm it was there. Good job I did because now it's (presumably) working, it refuses to let any of us in as none of the development team have been granted access to it, so we just have to assume that because it's getting far enough for that bit of access control to kick in, it must be working

Comment

Working...
                      X