• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's me knocked off for the day

The thing that turned out to be much more complicated than anybody envisaged and has thus kept me busy for the last few weeks was finally merged into the main branch today and has been used successfully on staging, so may even get deployed to the hapless end users at some point in the next week or two when we Go Live

And the URLs proved to be fairly straightforward. The Cypress tests hardcode a lot of paths, so I had to plough through them fixing them all up, but it's not exactly challenging work. And there were just a couple of places where string concatenation lurked that I had to clean up. Other than that, it's all sorted and a pull request awaits the other devs in the morning - just in time for penetration testing tomorrow, which was the main reason I suggested it would be best to get them sorted out now

I think I'll go for a walk in a bit, then see about getting dinner on to cook

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

It looked sunny out and was around 15°C so I wore my light coat. Got downstairs and headed out the door, and it was tipping down

Just a passing shower though, so I braved it and it had stopped before I'd got more than a couple of hundred yards. And the sun remained out for the duration, so I was dry again by the time I got back

Comment

Haven't actually decided what to have for dinner yet

Comment

More chilli. But this time with meatballs. Picked up 3.5kg of meat at 50% normal price - including some Angus steaks which were already reduced, so £6 per kg. Straight in the freezer.

Cold and wet here. Cat is highly discombobulated. Next doors kittens have been allowed out to explore the area. "Come on, humans, why aren't you offended by this incursion?".
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

All my shiny parcels have arrived. I read the mobo manual, downloaded lots of bits of software that I may/may not need and then put everything away until the weekend.

I might even do dual boot and dip a toe into the world of Linux...

Comment

I'm not feeling very hungry or inspired about dinner. I may just have some fruit or crisps.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Haven't actually decided what to have for dinner yet
                Sainsbury's battered chunky haddock with chips and beans, it turned out

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I'm not feeling very hungry or inspired about dinner. I may just have some fruit or crisps.
                  Treat yourself, have both!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    All my shiny parcels have arrived. I read the mobo manual, downloaded lots of bits of software that I may/may not need and then put everything away until the weekend.

I might even do dual boot and dip a toe into the world of Linux...
                    Could this be The Year Of Linux On The Desktop™?

Comment

Very tired this evening, so getting a very early night

But I managed to squeeze in bit of Trucking Hell and read a little more of When Money Died

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X