• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Lots of honking and cars flying blue and white flags outside
    I had heard something about a game of kicking a bag of wind about had been won today

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Thanks. It's not really a surprise at that age, but it's a shame he didn't make the century

It seems like it was quick, at any rate. A visitor left him at 1pm yesterday, and a carer arrived at 1:30pm and found him dead.
      Best way to go really.

Like a lady down the street, sat on the sofa, just had her tea, watching the box.

Compared with my lot it sounds like a fecking dream.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

All kinds of viewing tonight, starting with The Adjustment Bureau (2011) which I thought was pretty good really

Then, well, I always like watching The Devil Wears Prada (2006) so I did

And then, well, I also (rather to my surprise the first time) like watching Straight Outta Compton (2015) so I did that too

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ Yet another Philip K. Dickian nightmare, then.

Morning.

Grey.

White sky, surprisingly bright.

No current precipitation.

Sunless.

Warmer at 18.1 deg in here.

995 mBar, 29.38 in Hg, 57% RH.

Sunday.

Thusly the wireless is currently silent.

<hiatus>

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised and put away.

Lunch: two faggots with peas, a red pippy corner yog, a couple of bramble jelly sandwiches, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Dunno why but I couldn't be arsed to cook anything today.

<hiatus>

Walk walked during which it picked with a little rain & the sun was quite warm.

Now it's hammering down, dark, dank, dreary, & dreadful.

Tea: Heinz 5 beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich x 2 on same, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: most probably the commentary on "We can remember it for you wholesale".

I forgot about the new series of "Fargo" so I'll give that a miss.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 May 2021, 18:33.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Dry but dull and overcast out. Except it then started spitting a tiny bit when I was out on the patio taking the dead leaves off my fatsia. Anyway, it's currently 14 degrees and that's as high as it'll get with rain expected off and on all day. Barometer at 999 mBar.

Just noticed the battery in the mantlepice clock has died (at a few minutes' before 10). Another one to add to the pile for recycling should I ever manage to remember to take them somewhere. I have lots of Brita water filters that also need putting into the recycling. They have collection boxes for such things at Tesco which, unlike the ones in Robert Dyas, actually look like they get emptied.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            'Rocketman' a film based on the life of Sir Elton John premiers at the Cannes Film Festival 2019

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Today was forecast to be grey and rainy, but it's actually quite sunny and Simpsonesque; currently 14°C, 985/993mB

Comment

It's definitely been a sunshine and showers kind of day. Blue sky one minute, tipping it down the next.

Comment

Lovely bowl of scouse with a thick end of sesame bloomer for tea

Accompanied by a little Trucking Hell of course

Comment

After what was quite a pleasant day, it's now raining pretty steadily

Comment

Haven't bothered with any telly this evening, other than mucking around with the hidden developer menu on BBC Red Button - go to channel 250 on Freeview, wait for it to load, press yellow, switch away to another channel, switch back, press green, and the word "Secret" will appear in the top right, then the menu will appear a few seconds later

Early night now as they probably expect me to work for my money again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X