• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    But… it's raining steadily and heavily and, according to the weather app, will continue to do so for at least a couple more hours

So the Sainsbury's trip will probably be postponed until tomorrow. I might go down there in the day. I could get lunch from the tepid food counter; haven't done that in a while
    Change of plan: by seven the rain had stopped, the weather radar suggested it wouldn't come back, and the weather app had changed its earlier gloomy view of things. So off to Sainsbury's I went

Nice and quiet again down there, and by dint of wandering around I was able to remember several non-perishable items that I'd been meaning to stock up on but kept forgetting

So that's that done, and now I can get through ClientCo business tomorrow and relax, having nothing involving going outside to bother about other than remembering to retrieve the recycling bin and going for a walk

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Comment

Sainsbury's chunky battered haddock with chips and beans for tea

The air fryer thingy is perfect for making stuff like that (well, not the beans, they were in the microwave)

And the electric slicer did a cracking job of slicing the wholemeal loaf I bought, ready for freezing

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Woo! Century!

(how did I miss that??)

Comment

Despite it being World Cocktail Day, we are only just about to commence cocktail #3 as play was interrupted by wine with dinner.

Comment

TV was an episode of Traffic Cops which I started watching whilst dining and ended up watching the rest of because it was easier than thinking of anything else to do

Reasonably tired now after my early start and generally busy day

Goodnight all

Comment

New Trucking Hell!

On the opening scenes both HWMBO and I went "woah!" when we saw the lorry in the ditch...

Cocktail #5 on deck (yep, one went down very quickly)

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start, currently 7°C and dry, no better than 13° expected but no rain until the early hours of tomorrow, barometers up a little at 1000/1008mB

And another early start for me. If I'm going to keep waking up at 6:30 I'll have to start getting to bed earlier

Might go for another early walk

Comment

Walk briskly walked beneath the grey sky, green ring closed

The road outside that was almost deserted when I left was busy when I got back. Surprising what a difference thirty minutes makes at this time of day

And the bin folk were already at work over the hill.

Comment

Toasted teacake with lashings of butter for post-walk breakfast

Better get some work done now I suppose

Comment

Working...
                      X