• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Fairly bland grey day out there; not warm, but no biting wind or anything of that kind either

There was a car broken down at the minor junction just over the "hill", with the woman who had presumably been driving it standing nearby looking at her phone on the regular. I thought I spotted a damp patch spreading downhill in front of it, though the road was fairly damp anyway, so I assumed it was a radiator problem. They were still there when I came back, this time approaching from the rear, and as I passed I noticed a strong smell of petrol. So I think it may be a bit more complicated than a radiator hose, and she'd be well advised to keep an eye out for anybody approaching with a fag on

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lunch was some left over soup from whatever HWMBO ordered on Sunday evening. It was very nice.

Afternoon snack was some fig rolls.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: turkey soup with multiseed bread. Nice and peppery

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment: such things as nighmares are made of: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0013hql

Not for the faint of heart.
    Right up my street! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

The fog had passed overnight leading to another sunny morning. Cloud's due soon though, leading to a rise from 4°C to 6°; barometers remain high at 1029/1037mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dryish.

Cold at 12.2 deg in here.

1035 mBar, 30.59 in Hg, 777.06 Torr, 15.03 psi, 62% RH.

Tuesday.

Entertainment: such things as nighmares are made of: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0013hql

Not for the faint of heart.

Followed by more: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0012s7z

Was there anything that Nixon didn't feck up? Just askin' like.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey chilly rawness of the morning.

Lunch: leek & potato soup, a red corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Roswell S3 E15 "Who died & made you king?": well Max did as it happens, but then he was undead again & wanted his kingly powers back. (spoiler alert).

Roswell S3 E16 "Crash" wherein a jet collides with a UFO, bringing down both and TPTB decide that the jet pilot and his daughter need to die so the aliens decide they're not having that & fix it.

Two eps to go (and a commentary at a guess). It's a pity they didn't get a chance to round it off properly but at least it has a sort of an ending.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 15:50.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky and dry. Chilly at -1 degrees with a high of 6 expected. Barometer up to 1036 mBar.

Already a busy morning at the coal face. The migration I was expecting to have completed while I was away was postponed because the sheer volume of data was taking much longer than expected to reconcile.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    S'murky out, but 4oC, so more pleasant on the walk.

Did a bit of binge watching last night - Hidden Assets (on iPlayer). Didn't manage the final episode which we've saved for tonight. Another one of those dual country crime dramas, this time Belgium & Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Yet another new Traffic Cops watched whilst dining

Then S1E1 of Gomorrah, an Italian thing about organised crime in Naples, Il clan dei Savastano (TV Episode 2014). Seems like it might be OK, though perhaps lacking the humorous aspects that helped to leaven the violence in The Sopranos

And finally, a Swedish crime thing: Blå ögon (TV Series 2014–2015) (Blue Eyes in English), being set in the world of Swedish politics but with added disappearances and murders and stuff. Judging by this first episode, it's a bit run of the mill and lacking the panache of things like Bron/Broen, but I'll see how it goes

It's pretty foggy out now, and cold with it

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Then again small children stare at lots of things in wonder...
    Me too

Tea: M&S chunky breaded cod with chips and beans. Made a nice change

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

It's a Wolf Moon tonight.

Oh, and here it is, about 10 mins ago, although I've tweaked the background to make it clearer...
    I know.

Earlier I passed small children staring at it in wonder.

Then again small children stare at lots of things in wonder...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    All bins trundled.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Very nice view of the moon rising at one point, though my enjoyment was slightly tempered by the realisation that I could only see it from there because of the gap where several buildings were destroyed and a number of people killed in that insurance scam the other year
    It's a Wolf Moon tonight.

Oh, and here it is, about 10 mins ago, although I've tweaked the background to make it clearer...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Quite pleasant out in terms of blue sky and sunset and that, but it feels colder than the supposed 7°C even though there's no wind. But it was OK once I got in the swing of it

A small group of the local derelicts had for some reason congregated around the porch of a derelict care home about a mile away. One of them who I think I've chased out of our back yard more than once called out a cheery "Hiya!" to me as I went by. Nice to be so widely recognised in the community, I suppose

Very nice view of the moon rising at one point, though my enjoyment was slightly tempered by the realisation that I could only see it from there because of the gap where several buildings were destroyed and a number of people killed in that insurance scam the other year

Leave a comment:

Working...
X