• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    the consultancy are trying to get the end client to commit to a longer extension, arguing that it saves everybody the hassle of going through the whole procedure again in a couple of weeks. So it looks like I'll have confirmation by early next week of either an extra couple of weeks, or possibly an extra month, or maybe even longer
    The Wolsey Comcare contract was extended every month for 13 months.

I was there until the place shut.

<hiatus>

This is inneresting for a company that hasn't traded since 1998:

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

WTF is going on there then.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 April 2021, 19:51.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I'll tell him what you said. He's a full stack developer (C#), so it's pretty close!

For several years now the youngsters been creating various quiz shows for me to play on my Birthday - tailored to me. For my 50th, they did Pointless, last year was Only Connect (seriously difficult) - this year it's House of Games. It was the HouseOfGames class that gave it away. Coupled with the fact that youngest daughter has been busy making electronic light-up buzzers for the past few weeks.

The make it even more challenging by waiting until I've a had a few drinks before playing.
      What a fab thing to do! How terribly creative your lot are.

EDIT: and that was a zenchury too
      Last edited by ladymuck; 21 April 2021, 15:23.

Comment

The pervading smell of tar has not abated. I do hope the diggings up going on over the road end soon. It's only the third time this year we've had holes dug.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The pervading smell of tar has not abated. I do hope the diggings up going on over the road end soon. It's only the third time this year we've had holes dug.
          Always quite liked the smell of tar.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The Wolsey Comcare contract was extended every month for 13 months.

I was there until the place shut.
            I had one like that, though for more like 16 months, but I worked from home. Then, early one month, I realised I hadn't seen a renewal, so I emailed the agent, who replied along the lines of "Oh yeah, they decided not to renew". Three days work done when they weren't even my client any more

Comment

I had one like that, though for more like 16 months, but I worked from home. Then, early one month, I realised I hadn't seen a renewal, so I emailed the agent, who replied along the lines of "Oh yeah, they decided not to renew". Three days work done when they weren't even my client any more
              Did you get paid for those 3 days?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I'll tell him what you said.
                I did tell him. He shook his head and smiled wryly. I think he found it funny...

There I was building an Eclipse plugin for a SAP backend, and saw blog about another plugin. It had links to install the plugin, but no source code, so I commented that it would be nice. Ended up, he's posted the link to the github repository (it's under an MIT license so freely usable), and I'm now a member of the SAP Eclipse Plugin Slack group along with a group of MIT (and other university) research scientists. Which was nice. (It makes me very happy - I can ditch a lot of my code and blame them use theirs - ah the pleasures of a nerd )

Dinner is pork chops (with marinade), roasted butternut squash (with garlic), bulgar wheat and asparagus wrapped in parma ham. Wifey had a very stressful day, so I'm cooking. Funny - I do a lot more cooking since being home all the time. I like it.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Did you get paid for those 3 days?
                  No, but nor did they get any of the work I'd done during them

Comment

No, but nor did they get any of the work I'd done during them
                    And that's why thread moving doesn't work.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Not as warm out as it has been, but a nice sunny evening

Comment

Working...
                      X