• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sainsbury's delivery is, annoyingly, in danger of turning up when I should be in the Chinese

Then again, having all my shopping brought to my door for a quid is amazing value when you think about it, so I probably shouldn't be so churlish. And they tend to arrive earlier rather than later in the allocated hour (19:49-20:49) so I daresay it'll be fine

There's a nice post about Caryl Brahms and S. J. Simon at the Neglected Books blog today: Caryl Brahms and S. J. Simon, Lunatics of Genius. Their No Bed for Bacon is one of my favourite books. In fact, it inspired me to go researching the life and times of Shakespeare, Elizabeth I, et al. in the school library when I was about fourteen or fifteen, and I was delighted to discover that many of the funniest incidents in the book are things that actually happened, though possibly not in such a ludicrous manner as depicted therein

Comment

The carpet shop's got the flag out at half-mast again

I think the TV people have missed a trick not going for a Royal Funeral/Trucking Hell crossover, where Phil's customised Land Rover careers into the castle moat and he ends up being taken to the chapel on Marta's low loader

Comment

Sausage and bacon bap (Lincolnshire, smoked back, white) for lunch

Comment

Sainsbury'sWatch begins…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The carpet shop's got the flag out at half-mast again

I think the TV people have missed a trick not going for a Royal Funeral/Trucking Hell crossover, where Phil's customised Land Rover careers into the castle moat and he ends up being taken to the chapel on Marta's low loader
            ROFL!

I think He would probably have laughed out loud at that.

The wife was watching but we had a plasterer doing the upstairs bathroom & landing so he came down to ask questions and interrupted her viewing as she had to come out to ask me. She complained as she had missed the bit where the coffin was lowered, she didn't find it funny when I suggested she wouldn't know how it ended! No sense of humour my beloved!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I missed all of the royal despatching due to getting my hair done and other necessities. I'm sure I'll find it on catch up.

My hair is now nicely trimmed and free of pesky greys. After some lunch picked up from the deli round the corner, I went over to Waterloo to meet a couple of friends for cake and bubbles in the little church park the other side of the IMAX. The riverside was rammed so we avoided that. It seemed like a typical sunny Saturnday in London rather than the midst of a pandemic.

On return back to Earl's Court, a lovely young chap called me madam and asked if I'd like a vaccine from the Health Centre as they had some spare Pfizers going. I felt quite sad about declining, despite having good reason, and I hope they don't have to throw too much away.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 17 April 2021, 19:21.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the Chinese
                  Very nice as always

Busyness status: "Busy earlier" (said while plonking down three delivery bags for the driver)

The Sainsbury's van arrived at ten past eight; I saw it turning into the side road and pulling up. But then the driver just sat there for twenty minutes before going to the back of the van and sorting out the delivery. There's clearly something about that side road that Sainsbury's delivery drivers find conducive to having a little rest

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    ROFL!

I think He would probably have laughed out loud at that.
                    I bet they both watch it (well, used to in his case). After all, she is a former lorry driver

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    She complained as she had missed the bit where the coffin was lowered, she didn't find it funny when I suggested she wouldn't know how it ended! No sense of humour my beloved!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      On return back to Earl's Court, a lovely young chap called me madam and asked if I'd like a vaccine from the Health Centre as they had some spare Pfizers going. I felt quite sad about declining, despite having good reason, and I hope they don't have to throw too much away.
                      I'm sure they'll have found willing volunteers to receive the surplus doses

Comment

Working...
                      X