• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been gammon, chips, fried eggs and beans, and was utterly delicious

And while eating it, I came to the end of Trucking Hell season 3, meaning no more left

Luckily, having started with an episode in season 2, I still have season 1 left to watch

Comment

Turned the telly off and did some reading after dinner, starting in on When Money Dies, about the hyperinflation of the Weimar Republic

Early night now; this work stuff doesn't half take it out of you

Goodnight all

Comment

Went to see friends who have just had a miscarriage, not quite sure what you can say. The little tragedies are still there.

Then on to a couple who are getting a divorce now the kids are grown up we are cat sitting during the move. Our rather mature cat is going to get locked in the primary bedroom and spoilt.

Dinner was toad in the hole with leeks & mini corn. Followed with creamy brie and a nice red.
        Last edited by vetran; 15 April 2021, 06:56.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start to the day, though a bit on the chilly side still, with some frost lingering on the usual roofs out the back. But it's gone up from 0°C to 2° in the last half-hour, on its way to a possible 10°; 1025/1033mB

Comment

Morning all

Beautiful morning out there. Clear blue sky, 6 degrees (was 5 a mere ten minutes ago) with a high of 9. Sadly, cloud cover will take over as the day progresses and it's likely to rain late afternoon / early evening. Barometer up a smidge to 1032 mBar.

A brisk walk was had around the block to the post box before I got too settled. Remembered when I got back that I should have posted a birthday card too so I'll be going out again soon. Coffee first!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Paris cathedral 'Notre Dame' catches fire, toppling its spire and destroying its roof 2019

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Clear blue sky.

Colder at 15.8 deg in here this morning.

1032 mBar, 30.47 in Hg, 53% RH.

Walk walked.

During which the identity of the novel construction in the disused car park was revealed: 'tis a bat roost.

I'd give it 6 months before it's vandalised beyond repair.

The local nutter was walking down the hill talking to his voices about the son of satan and similar jollities.

I was rescued by meeting a lady who was walking up the hill so I talked with her for half an hour whilst the nutter went on his psychotic way.

I suspect he's off his meds.

Then passed another nutter talking to himself whilst carrying what appeared to be the contents of his house on his back in a rucksack.

It's all go in Neath today.

Pollen count seems high or these Tesco antihistamines have stopped working.

According to the Met Office pollen counter thingie, birch pollen is high at the moment.

I think I knew that.

Thankfully the symptoms have passed now.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich x 2 on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100% (of 9), running average 84%.

Some mild potching about finding stuff, including connecting cables for 8" floppy diskette drives.

And other stuff I'd long forgotten about.

Contemplated making a BNC to Belling Lee connector but it's too much effort to turn the soldering iron on.

Plus I'm sure there must be one around here somewhere.

Tea(shortly): chilli con carne with rice, more fruit cocktail (tinned), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Strewth, that chilli has developed fiercely over the last week or so.

Bog roll in the freezer ready.

Entertainment:

bits of Traffic Cops.

2nd commentary on "Escape from New York (1981)" with the producer & someone else.

Nowhere near as amusing as the John Carpenter and Kurt Russell commentary.

Trucking Hell S3 E1. Why would putting the lights on the bed of the truck in the water cause any problems?

Beats me.

It's 24V not mains FFS.

Amusing enough.

Mildly pissed now having drunk all the beer in the house over the last week or so, having fallen off the wagon from a great height.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 April 2021, 21:11.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lots of verging on this morning

Comment

Posh cheese and ham toastie for lunch

(Warmed piadina flatbread with pistachio mortadella and slices of provolone cheese )

Comment

Common-as-muck ham toastie for lunch

(Sainsbury's breaded ham on Sainsbury's sesame bloomer. Though it was the slightly more expensive breaded ham that pretends to have come from the deli counter; a pretence that falls rather flat since they closed down the deli counter.)

Comment

Cauliflower and stilton soup with seeded bread and taramasalata.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X