• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread

Up to 16°C here now. I haven't yet opened the window, but may do so later

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      WNFS. It's still bright out!

Did a couple of hours work, got frustrated, stopped. I really don't understand why clientCo Quality team are insisting on a report that lists what's been set up in Azure. There's an export anyone can do on demand.

What value is being derived from me spending hours copying and pasting into a word template designed by a idiot and then hunting down all the design documents and recording which section references this VM name, that storage account name, that network security group.

Only three days left...

Reminds me of an old boss who didn't trust email and had all correspondence printed out and filed after he read and signed / dated them.
      oh pulease have they not heard of sharepoint? Then when they want to update it it has versions & everything, when they want to map it you can pull it into sql and then into Graphviz.

If they are all in MS docs you can script it to read the lot an create a csv/load straight into sql.

Just paste & invoice they are paying.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It definitely is smile and invoice time.

It's just so mind numbingly tedious.

Comment

Sunny and 16° here now

Time for a walk, I reckon. Probably won't need my jumper

Comment

oh yes... there's a scrollbar...

Just picked up some monochloroacetic acid from chemist to treat a long standing verucca on my foot. Seriously strong stuff - only available on prescription. Apparntly works well though - better than cryotherapy in trials.

Dinner was mushroom and bacon risotto.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Very pleasant evening out, sunny (still!) but with a light breeze that's quite refreshing

Comment

I ought to get out. I finished work at 7.30 pm and it was still light! I should have gotten out at lunchtime instead of prowling my flat looking for snacks.

Comment

Spag bol for tea, and exceptionally nice it was

I dunno why I don't have that more often. It's not exactly hard to make, and I always really enjoy it. But that was the last of a batch of, IIRC, four or five portions I made in August last year, according to the freezer bag. I might make some more soon, and this time try to eat it all a bit sooner

Comment

My dad's home from hospital

Apparently he's still not as mobile as he could be, but nothing in his leg is broken. And they tested loads of other stuff while they had him there, and that was all as good as you can expect for somebody who'll be ninety this year

He also complained bitterly about the fact that they put him on "an old people's ward"

And his voracious appetite was widely praised by the nursing staff

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      My dad's home from hospital

Apparently he's still not as mobile as he could be, but nothing in his leg is broken. And they tested loads of other stuff while they had him there, and that was all as good as you can expect for somebody who'll be ninety this year

He also complained bitterly about the fact that they put him on "an old people's ward"

And his voracious appetite was widely praised by the nursing staff

That's excellent news!

Comment

Working...
                      X