• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese
      And very nice it was, as always

Busyness status: "We were earlier," but given that the delivery driver was heading out the door with four orders and there was at least one more beside mine on the go, I reckon they still were

Comment

Big nostalgia kick with tonight's first film: That'll Be the Day (1973), in which David Essex and Ringo Starr work on the fairground, among other things. Apparently Ronco provided a sizeable chunk of the funding for this one with the condition that it included a load of songs from their back catalogue so they could release a soundtrack album; hence the presence of lots of obscure and now unremembered tunes

Also, David Essex starred because they wanted a likeable face on an unpleasant character, which now makes one wonder at an era when a popular teenage heartthrob (and his management) didn't see any issues with him appearing in a film where his character is shown violently raping a schoolgirl

Still, apart from all that, it's a pretty good film

And then onwards and apewards with War for the Planet of the Apes (2017). Spoiler alert: the right side wins

And finally, more of the utter brutality that is The Shield: S2E5 Greenlit (TV Episode 2003), S2E6 Homewrecker (TV Episode 2003), and S2E7 Barnstormers (TV Episode 2003)

Very windy out. Also, there's a pigeon right outside my bedroom window cooing vigorously. It probably thinks the slightly open sash window is a crevice in a cliff face in which it can nest

Goodnight all
        Last edited by NickFitz; 28 March 2021, 06:11.

Comment

Morning.

Wet.

Chilly.

Grey.

Unpleasant.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Depressing.

Too fecking early.

17.1 deg in here.

1018.5 mBar, 30.07 in Hg, 55% RH.

Sunday.

<hiatus>

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, dried again, and put away.

In a fit of enthusiasm bought too many daffs for the parents' grave and found that half the 3rd bunch wouldn't fit in the jampot (half a coke bottle since it won't break when strimmed unlike the previous attempts).

Morrisons freerange chicken thighs & bits a roasting along with rather more bacon than I'd intended and some sausage of undefined provenance.

The chicken had festered in the bottom of a cold fridge ( 1 deg ) for a week when it should really have been frozen but I suppose as long as I don't eat the green bits it ought to be ok.

In other news, more nightmares last night which explains why I was up at sparrowfart.

Most unpleasant, even more than the demon infested dreams of the previous night.

Again, the thing continued after waking and going back to sleep which is less than ideal.

Well the chicken turned out rather fine in the end, so the green bits were no real problem, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the rest of the extras on "Winchester 73 (1950)" which boils down to a commentary with James Stewart & some young oik.

It may prove inneresting, though Mr Stewart sounds Very Old.

As it transpires, it was reasonable.

The interview was for the LaserDisc version if I read the runes correctly.

Walk walked. It was surprisingly dry and surprisingly cold.

Bonfire duly bonfired.

A load of crap went up in smoke, the semigale making short work of it all due to the vent holes in my brick incinerator.

Set the ancient wheelbarrow thing on fire too.

Tea (following a shower to rid myself of the stink of smoke): Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: haven't found anything yet, though the Scottish lochs thing is on at 20:30 which is generally good for a laugh if you like midges.

Which was amusing enough, followed by "Two Rode Together (1960)" with Richard Widmark and James Stewart, directed by John Ford.

It was rather poor, a retread of "The Searchers" with would be comedy bits around the supposedly more serious bits.

It's even more remarkable in having a reviewer who appears to be off his head:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055558...ratingFilter=1

In fact all his/her/its reviews appear to be written by someone mainlining LSD:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur67478381/?ref_=tt_urv

Baffling.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 March 2021, 22:04.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Had a lovely lie in and am feeling all bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Sadly, the weather doesn't match my mood.

It's cloudy but dry. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) and the high will be 13. Cloud cover to remain all day and it's unlikely to rain. Barometer steady, up a tiny bit, at 1022 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            BBC Radio Five Live broadcasts for the first time in the United Kingdom 1994

Comment

Hoovering has been done. A decent job where some items of furniture were moved.

I need to do dusting. Although I did hoover up a lot of the dust using one of the attachments.

Comment

Just finished setting time forward on 21 different devices, clocks, watch, phones, timers, computers, kitchen appliances, van. Hardly seems a couple of months since I moaned on here about setting them back. Time going faster every year.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day here, but dry; 13°, 1008/1016mB

My dad's fallen over in the bathroom so is being taken to A&E just in case, though my mum doesn't think he's broken anything - just very sore

Or should I say he "had a fall" as once past a certain age, one does not simply "fall over"

Comment

Nice lunch of a roast pork and apple sauce bap (white)

Comment

Took a walk down Earl's Court Road where there is a parcel post box to send off a present and birthday card for one of HWMBO's kids. Popped into Paul to buy a fresh loaf and a sandwich for lunch.

Not very pleasant out.

Need to do a few hours' work but am not yet in the mood to get started.

Comment

Working...
                      X