• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

communal bins? Sounds too lefty for me.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Heavy rain overnight.

Intermittent light rain with intermittent sunshine.

Colder. 17.6 deg in here.

Breezy.

1007 mBar (it jumped up 2 mBar when I tapped the barometer) 29.74 in Hg, 55% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in WM.

Smalls out of WM and into TD.

Shirts in WM.

Walk walked during the intermittent rain & sunshine.

Innerestingly enough, after taking eons to post this, I'm returned to 2017 and page 29883 or some such.

<hiatus>

Shirts out of WM awaiting the smalls to exit the TD.

Cottons in the WM on shirts setting bumped to 60 deg C.

<hiatus>

Shirts out of the TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, it would appear that the afternoon entertainment is to be "Comanche Station (1960)" with dear old stoneface, Randolph Scott.

Shirts iRoned.

Cottons out of the WM & into the TD.

Mr Scott is doing his thing. I've not seen this one before.

<hiatus>

Cottons out the TD and airing over the banisters.

I had seen about five minutes of that previously, the gunfight in the rocks.

Tea: Tesco haddock (can't remember if it's chunky, breaded, or battered), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: a bit of a Police Interceptors I haven't seen before.

"Discovering James Stewart" on Sky Arts.

Traffic Cops on Paramount. Haven't seen this one before either.

Thing about Stonehenge on 5 Select.

The Bermuda Triangle nutjobs on Quest+1.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 March 2021, 22:11.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Innerestingly enough, after taking eons to post this, I'm returned to 2017 and page 29883 or some such.
        Yes, it gets a bit confused when thousands of ignored posts suddenly start taking up their position in the sequence again

I encountered a very weird one last night, just after I'd made the changes, where I posted to the Suez thread in General, then the front page of General said the last post was NLUK in the afternoon, but with my avatar

I fixed it by clearing vBulletin's system cache. Let me know if you continue to see any oddness and I'll do that again, but I try to avoid doing it while the place is busy, as it has the potential to put the server under a lot of strain rebuilding everything

Comment

morning all

grey
          damp
          dreary
          Friday.
          I've become a night dweller it seems, bed at 2AM, up at 10 seems to be the new normal.
          still dealing with bureaucrats every day.
          FFS.
          the hoops to go through to dispose of a cast off husk

oh, and when i tried to post this, it included an old quote i used some days ago from DrS??
          Last edited by BR14; 26 March 2021, 11:42.

Comment

This morning's meeting ended up running for ninety minutes, and would have gone longer except most people had to leave for another one

But at least the new project manager is getting things under control. It's quite relaxing in a way, everything being so organised; quite different to many projects I've worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              This morning's meeting ended up running for ninety minutes, and would have gone longer except most people had to leave for another one

But at least the new project manager is getting things under control. It's quite relaxing in a way, everything being so organised; quite different to many projects I've worked on.
              Despite what many people say, a good PM can be very helpful. They deal with the dross and enable everyone else to get on with their jobs

Comment

In a meeting where they are arguing over the meeting's purpose.....

My new raincoat should arrive soon
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  In a meeting where they are arguing over the meeting's purpose.....

My new raincoat should arrive soon
                  'cos you lied when you were 17?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

'cos you lied when you were 17?
                    Well I did use to use fake id to get into pubs and the local tulip clubs....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Lunch was cheese on toast topped with some beans (Heinz 5 Beanz)
                      Same again today to use up the last of the beans and the bread.

Comment

Working...
                      X