• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Still waiting...

It's nearly gin o'clock
    20 mins ago they replied to my IM on Teams and asked if they could call me 'now'. I asked which Teams they wanted to use (client or theirs), no reply, no call on either instance.

I suppose I should just log off and wait until next week to be told my fate. It makes very little difference.

Comment

Walk walked, green ring closed

And en route, I collected an early tea: fish & chips

I decided to give a final chance to the mediocre chip shop, as it's always busy around normal teatime but I've only been there in the evening, so I thought maybe if I got there when the chips were still fresh, they'd be better. They weren't, so it will remain consigned to the "mediocre" slot and future chippy teas will come from the much better place in the opposite direction

The mediocre place boasts of its huge portions, and that's true enough; but hugeness-by-default doesn't make up for mediocrity. And the other place doesn't really charge any more, pro rata, for a portion that's as huge as I can manage anyway

Comment

Sainsbury's delivery will arrive this evening between 21:37 and 22:37

Comment

I had the foresight to put a spud in the oven several hours ago so I've had that with cheese and coleslaw for dinner.

Comment

Cheese, crackers, port. The Kominsky Method (Netflix).
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

feeling a bit queasy. also itching a bit.
              must be allergic to summat.

Comment

I feel quite tired

Not sure this getting-up-at-a-reasonable-hour malarkey agrees with me

Comment

Sainsbury's hour has begun *drums fingers on arm of chair* *gets up and looks out of window*

Comment

It's here!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      It's here!
                      Catastrophe!

Well, minor inconvenience

Due to careless packing, a bottle of Bishops Finger had managed to fall over and somehow lose its cap in the back of the van. As a result, much of the shopping now has a (rather pleasant) aroma of ale. (The driver commented that the back of the van now smells like a pub, and I had to cast my mind back over a year trying to remember what a pub smells like.) Also, it had smashed a couple of eggs so the half-dozen haven't been delivered; and the packaging of the in-store bakery wholemeal baps was slightly open so they've gone for a Burton (upon Trent) too.

Everything else made it though, and he's refunded me for the losses plus the value of an extra bottle of beer for the inconvenience

Time to enjoy some of what's left, I reckon!

Comment

Working...
                      X