• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisk walk around the block to the post box. Spitty rain, cold out. Not nice at all.

Comment

Scotch broth and wholemeal bread for lunch

This afternoon's video thing will be on Google Meet rather than MS Teams. Probably for the best, though I'd better make sure Chrome is on the latest version in case Google've managed to break it on Safari

Comment

As it's been three weeks since I got the vaccine part 1, I was thinking of going to Sainsbury's, given it's a bit safer for me now. But due to the new gig faff, I won't really have time; so I just managed to grab a delivery slot for tomorrow night

I think the order's about 50% beer, but if that's what it takes to get it to the £40 minimum spend for the £1 delivery charge, so be it

Comment

That's the initial meeting done. It seems it's the usual thing one gets with big companies or government, whereby I have to wait for an initial email address to be set up, and then the access that allows will let me start asking for permissions to all the other things I need to access, which will then lead to more things… a maze of twisty little passageways, all different

Lots to do and very tight deadlines, it sounds like. Keeps me off the streets

She mentioned that all the visual stuff has to comply with the GDS's standard designs and style guides and so on, so I told her I was already aware of them, having previously worked with a lot of the people who created them in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            As it's been three weeks since I got the vaccine part 1, I was thinking of going to Sainsbury's, given it's a bit safer for me now. But due to the new gig faff, I won't really have time; so I just managed to grab a delivery slot for tomorrow night

I think the order's about 50% beer, but if that's what it takes to get it to the £40 minimum spend for the £1 delivery charge, so be it
            hard life for some! I hope you are keeping to your 14 units a week!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Being a kind person, on Tuesday I offered to help a co-worker review a Service Transition template. It's over 200 rows of crap and I thoroughly regret my offer to help.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Mild enough out that I didn't realise straight away that I'd neglected to put a jumper on; nor did I miss it

And I passed near the spot where a police van collided with a car this morning on one of the main roads out of the city. The outbound side is still closed and both vehicles in situ, with various coppers hanging around; the car has had both offside doors cut off, but the roof is still on. It's at a weird junction where traffic wanting to go up a road that branches to the right has to go off to the left and loop back to a set of lights at the side of the road, then drive across both carriageways; I wouldn't be surprised if the police van, in a hurry to get somewhere, had forgotten that a car might suddenly and legitimately appear navigating directly across their bow at that point, and smashed straight into the side of them

Comment

Fannied about for ten minutes trying to get a bit of jscript to work today before I realised, hang on, that's PHP. I often get mixed up between jscript or PHP or Excel VBA, putting . or & instead of + etc. Nice if they combined all languages into one.

PS Might put a lot of contractors out of work if they made it so easy but then I'm retired so WGAF.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The recycling has been taken down and the Grand Trundling of the Recycling Bin done

And there was another one that had been left out there that was empty so I trundled that one in, thereby completing all anticipated trundling for the week

Comment

I decided to support local business and order in for dinner. Nothing at all to do with a hankering for fried chicken in a spicy sauce with blue cheese dip. Nope, not that at all.

And, I've just received a bunch of flowers! I thought at first it was an errant delivery but, no, a friend of mine who suddenly realised she'd forgotten my birthday sent them. That was a very lovely surprise. I might tease HWMBO about it as he's never bought me flowers.

Comment

Working...
                      X