• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner is the last portion of the steak, ale and mushroom pie I'd made a good while ago. I thought I'd eaten it all but I discovered one last piece!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Dinner is the last portion of the steak, ale and mushroom pie I'd made a good while ago. I thought I'd eaten it all but I discovered one last piece!
      Surprise pie to end Pie Week!

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Round up of the day so far:

Put clothings into the WM.

Attended my photography course. Got a bit fed up at the feedback on my submitted photo and the implication that I didn't try hard enough at standing in the middle of the road to get a better photo.

Read through the feedback HWMBO had sent on my CV, which I was in the wrong frame of mind to deal with.

Took clothings out of the WM and hung it up.

Ranted on a group chat about the lack of detailed/constructive feedback on my photograph and got some better feedback from friends with tips that I can use.

Re-read the feedback from HWMBO and decided, to hell with my mood, I would make some of the suggested changes. I suspect when I review my CV tomorrow I'll have to redo it again.

Now realised that it's gone gone 6pm and all the other things I meant to do today have not been done.
          Always best to have multiple stabs at a CV. My sister who is a technical author helps with mine and it gets me lots of positive responses. I don't always like her criticisms but they are done with love.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Always best to have multiple stabs at a CV. My sister who is a technical author helps with mine and it gets me lots of positive responses. I don't always like her criticisms but they are done with love.
            It was all constructive from HWMBO and a further iteration is much better. I have put it aside now and will review tomorrow before I send it off so the consultancy has some collateral with which to enhance the client's already glowing opinion of me.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              Very nice as always

Busyness status: "Not really busy, but steady"

Comment

A major motion picture premiere tonight, being The First Purge (2018). It turns out this one is marginally better than the first three, but they weren't exactly Citizen Kane so…

Much better was a rewatch of Terminator: Dark Fate (2019), which has more going on on in the first twenty minutes than most films manage in the last half hour

And then why not rewatch Wonder Woman (2017)? I couldn't think of any reason not to

The secondary part of the carpet shop's lights have started coming on at midnight, so somebody's still dicking around with the time switch over there, though I have no idea what they're trying to achieve

Goodnight all
                Last edited by NickFitz; 7 March 2021, 05:44.

Comment

Morning all if all there be.

Dry.

Frosty.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold at 15.2 deg in here.

1029 mBar, 30.38 inHg, 52% RH.

Sunday judging by the wireless's babblings.

<shopping frenzy hiatus>

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, dried again, and put away.

Lunch is cooking since it had to wait until I'd bought something I wanted to eat rather than the freezer full of stuff I don't want to eat yielding an acceptable comestible.

It seems to be becoming more & more difficult as time goes on.

It's sufficiently raw & unpleasant out that I've turned the heating on early today (i.e. before about 16:00).

Lunch: chicken breast with bacon and a pork sausage (all Morrisons, reduced as is only right & proper), a "new"* yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

*That's "new" as in a different kind of pot which is allegedly recyclable, the contents being much the same as previously.

The chicken, bacon & sausage was Very Nice.

And this week I remembered about the roast potatoes and the onion before eating the rest of it.

Intertainment: Highway Patrol from Oz. $476 for touching your mobile in a traffic queue at the lights.

Ah, spit, mate.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the sunless grey of the afternoon.

A person was observed picking up litter from the road.

He was, of course, an about the same age as me.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same x 2, the remainder of the can of peaches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "7th Cavalry (1956)" with good old Randolph Scott once again: having missed the battle of Little Big Horn, the good captain is required to recover the bodies of the officers for burial back east.

The enlisted men, well who gives a tulip about the enlisted men?

No "Am Dro" this week. Ho hum.

"Grand tours of Scotland's lochs" on BBC Scotland.

Most impressive shot: the midges surrounding the lens of the camera.

"Gold Town": Scotland's gold mine: a high grade ore: 11.8 gms/tonne.

Insufficiently inneresting, thusly "The Champions (1968)" E1.

"Dangerous Davies (1981)" with Bernard Cribbins.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 March 2021, 21:55.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright and dry. Currently 4 degrees and it'll reach the heady heights of 6 later with potential for the sun to come out. Low chance of rain this evening. Barometer down to 1027 mBar.

Woke up about 5am but got back to sleep well enough. Put the radio on to doze to at about 8.30 so I could listen to the BH programme on R4 before getting up.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    HM Queen Elizabeth II shares her first Instagram post; an image of a 19th century letter from mathematician Charles Babbage to Prince Albert 2019

Comment

What's going on around here? It's like walking into the Dog and Duck and finding it's turned into a wine bar.

I expect the regulars a still clinging onto their corner, lowering the tone though?

Comment

Working...
                      X