• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Another grey, dry day; currently at its best effort of 5°C ("feels like" 4°), 1023/1031mB

Comment

A poo powered rocket?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ht-first-time/
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There's two hours of Dave Allen on BBC2 tonight, and presumably on iPlayer afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There's two hours of Dave Allen on BBC2 tonight, and presumably on iPlayer afterwards
          I think it's a repeat of something that was on back in 2019

Although that's hardly surprising and I do remember it being rather good.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I think it's a repeat of something that was on back in 2019

Although that's hardly surprising and I do remember it being rather good.
            It's a 2014 compilation (which was repeated last year) of his earlier (1971 to 1986) BBC stuff from 21:00-22:00, then a new compilation of stuff from his 1990 BBC series from 22:00-23:00, according to a chap on Twitter who worked on the first one

Comment

Late lunch: sausages and bacon in buttered sesame bloomer toast. Lovely stuff, and to hell with the calories

Comment

and the project is hours behind, luckily its not my fault but its going to beggar up my evening.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Thank you, I'll keep an eye out!

Comment

Round up of the day so far:

Put clothings into the WM.

Attended my photography course. Got a bit fed up at the feedback on my submitted photo and the implication that I didn't try hard enough at standing in the middle of the road to get a better photo.

Read through the feedback HWMBO had sent on my CV, which I was in the wrong frame of mind to deal with.

Took clothings out of the WM and hung it up.

Ranted on a group chat about the lack of detailed/constructive feedback on my photograph and got some better feedback from friends with tips that I can use.

Re-read the feedback from HWMBO and decided, to hell with my mood, I would make some of the suggested changes. I suspect when I review my CV tomorrow I'll have to redo it again.

Now realised that it's gone gone 6pm and all the other things I meant to do today have not been done.

Comment

Currently ripping the DVD of La Cabina that I had shipped over from Spain and adding English subtitles. But I read the subtitles file and realised why I've never been bothered by watching it without subtitles even though I don't speak a word of Spanish: everything in the film is perfectly clear without understanding any of what's said

And there isn't even any speech to translate for the last third or so of it.

So it'll make a change to watch it with subtitles, but I might just end up turning them off as being a distraction

Comment

Working...
                      X