• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more Tapatalk, no more Phone App. I only visit these shores in my billable time now...In two weeks time, no more of that either...

"The Seekers" - The Carnival is Over.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Dry but dull and overcast. Currently 10 degrees, will get up to 12 later and stay cloudy all day. Barometer up to 1024 mBar.

Woke in the night too hot and horribly sweaty. Glad there was the other side of the bed to sleep on for a while. Awake at 0530 so the radio went on to put me back to sleep. Dozed until 0800 when I dragged myself out of bed. Today is going to be a struggle, I think, many coffees required.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      England cricket all-rounder Ian Botham scores his first test century (103) against New Zealand in Christchurch 1978

Comment

At the clinic, in the queue

Comment

Morning

Shopping delivered

WM on. Apparently virtually all programs are at 40 degrees. However I touched it and it is definitely warmer than 40 degrees.

Grey sky. Today's high is 13 degrees and low is 1 degrees. Ahh it is apparently drizzling.

Later I will have to set up yet another work laptop....

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warmish at 17.7 deg in here.

Not raining, snowing, hailing, murraining of beasts, or blowing a gale.

The weather's borked again.

1025 mBar, 30.27 inHg, 55% RH.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

It clouded over & I wondered if it was going to rain on me, but it didn't as it transpired.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Heinz pea and ham soup (made extra special provision to avoid it ending up in the washing up water by actually using the kitchen counter for the decant) with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glegettie tea.

Feck nose what to do this afternoon. Ho hum.

Gosh.

Just noticed that according to the new counting of the posts, I'm 21 posts away from the 300k post!

This new board is so confusing.

<hiatus>

Even more confusing is that it's 921 posts not 21 posts.

Bit of gardening done in the sunshine.

Afternoon entertainment: Trucking Hell.

Traffic Cops x 2.

Tea: the last of the batch of chilli con carne out of the freezer, this one was suitably fiery having festered for over a month, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

NCIS S5 E14: "Internal Affairs" wherein the squad get the rubber hose treatment from the FBI.

Emergency Road Rescue.

And now, for a change, the Alien Abduction nutjobs on Blaze.

Well there's a thing: one can edit things from one's posting list in the posting list.

Who'd have thunk it?
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 February 2021, 22:28.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Jab done

Pfizered

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Jab done

Pfizered

Comment

Home again (about forty-five minutes ago actually), having walked back via town where I popped into M&S for the first time in months, mainly to stock up on certain of their sausages that I like

The walk to the clinic involved a short cut up a passageway, or possibly alley, that I last walked up I don't know how many years ago, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the 1980s; I'm pretty sure I haven't been up there this millennium. Then heading down into town took me over a fine railway bridge that has been my standard route at many times over the years, but which I think I last walked over in 2000, maybe even before that. It's funny how places can be an integral part of one's daily life for years, and then one moves and just never has any reason to go there again.

Comment

Rather unsettled to find that getting up early and walking four miles (albeit with a break in the middle) has left me feeling… pretty good actually. I'm hoping to forget this, lest I be driven to some kind of insanity like getting up early and immediately going for a long walk every day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Rather unsettled to find that getting up early and walking four miles (albeit with a break in the middle) has left me feeling… pretty good actually. I'm hoping to forget this, lest I be driven to some kind of insanity like getting up early and immediately going for a long walk every day
                      That's one reason why you see older people out first thing in the morning. Though older men normally have a medium to large sized (and in my area well trained) dog in tow.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X