• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    How do either of you manage to find work in IT?

It's almost like companies will take anyone who can string a few buzzwords together.
    I presume its just for my good looks.....

Comment

I don't know why but this morning I decided to put a bit of make up on. In practical terms, I've given myself another task to do before I go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I don't know why but this morning I decided to put a bit of make up on. In practical terms, I've given myself another task to do before I go to bed.
        Sometimes these little things can make one feel good about oneself. Lockdown is difficult. Treat yourself!

Comment

AS BP says it makes you feel better - so what's the problem.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have friends. What's your excuse?

I save clients money and allow them to cut costs which allows them to automate things and so remove annoying people from their organization.

On the upside after a few weeks they then only need to speak to me occasionally or when things go wrong (so removing 1 annoying person from their organization).
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Warmish at 17.1 deg in here.

1006 mBar, 29.7 inHg, 52% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Seriously considering dumping the broadband.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the unseasonal warmth.

Morning entertainment: that Mediaeval Britain thing with Alixe Bovey.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And it's raining, so that's the end of any potching prospects for the afternoon.

<hiatus>

Bit of dusting to relieve the tedium.

Afternoon entertainment: 20 minutes of Abandoned Engineering.

Trucking Hell: wherein an 8 wheeler bin lorry is rescued from some building site in the middle of leicester on the one way system near the market, involving travelling the wrong way up a one way street.

They had to use the universal spanner (oxyaceylene) to get the bolts for the prop shaft off.

One of those infernal bendy bus things taken on a low loader to a scrapyard in a remarkable piece of driving.

Traffic Cops: Beware of the Chinese restaurant Tiger Lady delivering food on SD&P insurance, initially stopped because she was on the batphone checking the delivery address.

Feck me.

Car seized, £150 to recover it, plus the two offences meaning it goes to court.

It took her husband and her son to persuade her to surrender the key.

8 points & £290 fine.

Now a feckwhit riding a bike in the dark, pissed, no lights, dark clothing, manages to get himself hit by a car.

Done for dangerously riding a bicycle.

Tea: the last of the roast beef with carrots & onions, 2 x yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the last 40 minutes of Police Interceptors.

Abandoned Engineering at 20:00.

Fortress on Malta. Fort St. Elmo.

Nome, Alaska: gold dredge.

6. DREDGE #5, BUILT 1941, ONE OF TWO DREDGES OPERATED BY ALASKA GOLD COMPANY - Hammon Consolidated Gold Fields, Nome, Nome Census Area, AK | Library of Congress

Korea: Jeju Island: 36 Japanese aircraft hangars and underground bunkers.

Sardinia: Mafioso prison.

Devon & Cornwall walks at 21:00.

The end of the Mediaeval Britain thing at 21:40.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 February 2021, 20:49.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Seriously considering dumping the broadband.
                You going back to dialup?

Comment

Post from the Llandudno Facebook group: -

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to HM Coastguard cliff rescue team, who spent four hours setting up and absailing down a 150 foot clifface on the Gt Orme this afternoon, to try and save a week old Kashmiri goat kid, that had been stuck on a ledge 40 feet down, for about 24 hours. Putting their own safety at risk to save an animal rates very highly in my book, and such a shame that the kid took fright when they were so close to rescuing it, and sadly lost its life.
                  Well done everyone you did the best you could, and I know you were terribly disappointed with the outcome.

Comment

Morning

Cold damp

Very quiet around this morning....

That's because it is half-term plus the hole is further down the road...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly overcast out, but dry and with a bit of wan sunshine breaking through occasionally

Currently only 10°C, but with 12° expected later; 996/1004mB; good chance of showers late afternoon/early evening.

Comment

Working...
                      X