• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

After the hole filling I watched some rugby.

Wales won. Ha ha ha ha.

Then watched some Masked Singer. It's was the final and a fix. They worked out who people couldn't guess and that person won....

Oh and dinner was tapas from a suitable restaurant.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        And very nice as always

Busyness status: unclear, as during the brief periods she wasn't in the kitchen, she just complained about how cold it was; but the Russian driver was on his way out with a few bags as I arrived

Comment

My Chinese was good. I have lots of extra stashed to keep me fed for a couple of days.

That's about as close as I'm likely to get to joining in with CNY

Comment

Moral Maze'd
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Big on law and order tonight, starting with Dredd (2012), the best film to date set in MegaCity One

After that, Money Monster (2016) which has been upgraded to 4K and deserves it, as it's never been as widely recognised as an excellent film as it should have been

And then The Devil Wears Prada (2006), because I love it; it's great

And finally, S1E2 of The Shield, Our Gang (TV Episode 2002). The show is still only heavy at this point. Soon, it starts to get brutal. Then it starts to get savage; and then it goes further. And then it goes past that. It's hard going, but it's one of the best cop shows ever made

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Bells on Sunday.
                  Bell's on Saturday night...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Wet.

Cold at 15 deg in here.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

1018 mBar, 30.06 inHg, 50% RH.

Sunday.

Will Self waffling on as I got up.

I don't like Will Self.

Which is why I got out of bed.

<hiatus>

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, and put away.

<hiatus>

Lunch: another rather indifferent roast beef dinner: red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, initially in a light rain, eventually in murrain of beasts.

<hiatus>

Tea: Heinz beans on Morrisons sunfloNowwer and pumpkin seed toast, 2 x bramble jelly sandwiches on same, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NCIS S11 E5 "once a crook" wherein Tony recalls a case in Baltimore 15 years earlier.

5Select: "Brunel: Building a Great Britain" which has succeeded in sending me to sleep several times.

5Select: "Building Britain's canals".

No more of the Oak Island nutjobs until later in the year.

Blaze: More Templar nonsense, oddly enough with the chap who was talking about the canals, apparently he's written a tome about the Templars & does the talking head bit whilst the ex military guys do the crazy stuff down holes in the ground & suchlike.

I'm waiting with bated breath for them to end up on Oak Island where they find the Ark of the Covenant.

And/Or the Holy Grail.

Forgot to watch Am Dro.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 February 2021, 20:04.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I don't mind Will Self. I thought his opinion of the tube/underground was definitely from the view of someone who travels off peak (which he did briefly acknowledge).

Comment

Working...
                      X