• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and very cool it is, too!
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Another item ticked off. Initial call from physio. You measure from crease of knee to heel. Add 2 inches. Bed, chair and toilet all have to be that height. Bed is okay. Chair needs extra cushion. Toilet needs a seat raiser - 6 inches. MrsBP says she also wants 6 inches - cheeky mare.

tell her just because she asked so nicely I will fold it in half!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That's weird - the lights in the nearer part of the carpet shop, that go out from 22:50-23:50GMT, are out now

Either they've been playing with the timer switch and made things worse, or they've started just turning them off, or there's an electrical fault. Lights are on in one of the upper stories, which I assume are flats, so it isn't a power cut.

I wonder if they'll come on again at 23:50, or stay off all night? And is it a permanent change, or did somebody just hit the wrong switch tonight? Or maybe a fuse went?

More on this as we get it…

Comment

The hole people are still working.

So they started at 6.57am and have to work until late at night.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Nope the hole people have now finished for the night.

Comment

I don't know what to have for dinner.

I'll probably have rubbish snack food rather than properly make something.

Comment

slow cooked lamb stew, with spuds and broccoli.
                and, of course, a nice Rioja.
                's a hard life.

Comment

Heated floor fixed. Diverter valve ate itself.

GirlCat has a nice warm floor again.

I've a hole in my pocket (Dear Liza, a hole).
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Just looking at my weather app.

Wednesday night it is going to be -7 degrees.

I don't think I'm turning my heating off.

Comment

Tea has been a roast dinner courtesy of the Big Chicken, and inordinately tasty it was

This also means soupmaking in the immediate future, which is good as I'm out of zingy chicken, tomato and lentil

Comment

Working...
                      X