• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Me too. Lovely voice
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Made a tomato soup before the tomatoes turned into a new life form.

It's not bad, even for me.

Comment

Some barely detectable snow has arrived, though it might have stopped again already

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          When I used to see snow my first thought was to build a snowman. Now I worry about the pavements. Soon I will be at the stage where I write a letter to the council about them....
          You reminded me that on my wanderings this morning I saw someone jet washing their front path and front door.

I was too shocked to inform him it was probably best to do that next week.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That's tomorrow's links sorted

TBH I wasn't really in the mood for sorting them out tonight, but I forced myself to do it. Tomorrow me will thank me, but tonight me is still a bit annoyed about it

Comment

No telly tonight, though of course there was Monkey Life in the afternoon

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all

Overcast, signs of damp on the ground. On closer inspection, some of my plants have snow on them Currently -1 ('feels like' -6) and apparently there's sleet going on at the moment (there isn't). Moderate change of precipitation today in the form of snow/sleet. The weather app looks more like a random number generator than usual. Barometer down a touch to 1004 mBar.

I'm supposed to take a parcel up to the post office today...

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Aged 80, authour and pioneer of the 'Haynes Manuals', John H. Haynes OBE dies 2019

This event was recorded in the Dead Celebrities Thread but not until 12 February

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

Cold in here at 15.2 deg.

1005 mBar, 29.68 inHg, RH 54%.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming oh so very brightly.

Some of the dreams probably account for a portion of that.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Sprinkling of powdery snow falling but nothing to speak of.

Snow on the hills further up the valley, there's tidy then, boyo.

Very lazy wind, blows straight through you.

And it's quiet out there, I reckon the Apache are up to sommat again.

<hiatus>

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (non crust, non thick crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same x 2, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Dunno what to do this afternoon, it's cold out there & not much hotter in here.

<hiatus>

Dug the Lidl(tm) padded insulated overalls out from under the stairs where they've lived since I changed the fuel tank on the Seicento years and years ago.

Inspected the sheds & garage & determined it was too cold to bother potching out there, so filled in some of the potholes on the back lane.

Because some oik has parked a car in an awkward place, the builders vans have increased the width of the road at that point, and since the ground is very soft, there's 8" deep potholes there.

Now they're 4" deep potholes with nice spiky rocks at the bottom.

I'm sure my work will be appreciated no end.

Tea: more of yesterday's roast chicken with a cumberland sausage and a rasher of thick bacon, random yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettei tea.

Entertainment:

Smithsonian: How they make Heinz Baked Beans: very inneresting, especially since the Port Talbot steelworks is featured in the recycling part, recommended.

The recycling machine, the bean cooking machines & especially the warehouse is very impressive.

I've been in the 3M warehouse which was about 40 feet tall, this one must be 80 feet or more and totally automated.

It's warm in the warehouse because of the heat from the recently cooked beans.

Medical Detectives: the hanta virus outbreak in the Navajo reservation & how they figured out what it was.

Scotland from the sky: whisky distillery on Islay.

Feck me, now they're stringing electricity pylons with a helicopter.

NCIS S16 E3 "Boom" on 5USA at 21:00.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 February 2021, 20:39.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Some of the dreams probably account for a portion of that.
                      Not the one about the lustee in the maids outfit with the feather duster again?

Comment

Working...
                      X