• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    ...I want the frim fram sauce
    With oss-en-fay with sha fafa on the side...
    "Doe, a deer, a female deer
    Ray, a drop of golden sun
    Me, a name I call myself
    Far, a long, long way to run
    Sew, a needle pulling thread
    La, a note to follow Sew
    Tea, a drink with jam and bread
    That will bring us back to Do............"
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Um-dittle-ittl-um-dittle-I

Comment

I'm trying to change my earworm.

From some reason I have the Pet Shop Boys in my head....

Comment

Morning all

It's bright and dry at present but the sun is hidden behind thin cloud (I think that's called haze). Weather app says it's foggy, which it isn't. Currently 5 degrees, will reach 9 later. Rain forecast from early afternoon onwards. Barometer up to 1010 mBar.

New chair was delivered on the dot of 0800, just as I was brushing my teeth. Poor delivery chap had to suffer the sight of me in my dressing gown. I have set the chair up to make me sit properly which has resulted in me needing to change a few things about my desk layout.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Morocco's Mohammed VI switches on the world's largest solar plant near Ouarzazate 2016
          Last edited by ladymuck; 4 February 2021, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I'm trying to change my earworm.

From some reason I have the Pet Shop Boys in my head....
            West End Girls?

Comment

Morning.

Dryish.

Greyish.

Sunlessish.

Warmish at 16.5 deg in here.

1005 mBar, 29.68 inHg, 54% RH.

Thursday.

<hiatus>

Raining.

<hiatus>

Still raining.

Walk walked since it wasn't really raining very heavily, just constantly.

Thought I'd spotted a grave where the incumbent had lived from 1849 to 1953, but it turned out it was 1938 instead when I looked a little closer.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Partially reassembled the HMV/Radiomobile wireless from the Rover P4, only to discover that I'd lost the screws.

Dunno if it still works since I can't be arsed to find a 12V psu to try it with.

Went down to the garage to have a rough measure to estimate how much it would cost to sheet the walls to stop the ingress of the endless moisture. .

Over £200 just for the sheets, it transpires, not counting the verges or the fixings.

I suspect that concrete screws would be needed to drill into what remains of the ancient breeze blocks.

Changed the bag on the Vax V100T.

I've had the thing for at least 10 years & that's the first time it's been changed (it's only used for rough jobs).

The old bag was full and very heavy.

It's much easier to pick up the cleaner.

Oh, and it's been intermittently sunny, though the clouds are now a curious yellow colour as the sun sinks slowly in the south west.

<hiatus>

It's well black out there now.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, hot but not very tasty for some unknown reason, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Space Disasters on Smithsonian.

Am Dro is on at 22:30.

What to watch until then is a puzzle.

No Robson Green this week, he having finished his walk last week.

Other than that, just bits of this & bits of the other:

Bit of a thing about Clarke Gable & Carole Lombard on Sky Arts.

Bit of something else.

Last 20 minutes of an NCIS.

5 minutes of S.W.A.T. until I realised it was a repeat of S1 E1.

25 minutes of a thing about Gary Cooper on Sky Arts.

Now: Am Dro, wherein we're off on 4 walks: Cardiff, Gower: Caswell Bay to Pwll Ddu, Llyn Brenig* wherever the feck that is, and Bangor.

The scrote figured out he'd win by giving everyone else 4/10**.

* It feeds water to Y Saes, the bastards.

Ceri was going to do an Ironman. Daft woman.

Apart from Ceri to whom he gave 3/10.

And thusly won.

One can only hope he chokes on his indian meal.

And here the little scrote is:

Contestant on S4C show hailed as 'first Welsh reality TV villain' after appearance that left viewers polarised - North Wales Live
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 February 2021, 23:36.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

"Partly cloudy" is the official description, and may well have been true until the last few minutes when it's gone very gloomy and grey

Currently 6°C, rain forecast (100%) for this afternoon and evening, barometers on 999/1007mB.

Comment

Comment

Quick dash round the corner to the post box. Sunny out. Chilly but would be nice enough if I were to walk a decent distance and get a bit warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      One for the list of things I didn't expect to be doing today: helping a historian who was trying to confirm the story of Samuel Pepys secretly knocking one out whilst attending chapel in the presence of the Queen on Christmas Eve 1667, by photographing the relevant page in his diary and tweeting it to her

https://twitter.com/NickFitz/status/1357035133040275463
                      a life full of wonders is a wonderful life.

an evening sending erotic literature to historians made me grin.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X