• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I went of to warm my lunch I heard "Wake up" "Wake up".

It appears a van driver fell asleep while waiting for one of the hole people to move their van.

I didn't tell you that there are random holes in other directions about a mile away, where apparently they are also "repairing gas mains". So I suspect he's moving to one of those.

Anyway lunch was chicken noodle soup and some bread.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh and all the shredded paper is in the outside bin as they don't recycle around my way.

Comment

And I don't have a rabbit or other hutched or caged animal that it can be used for.

Comment

Got an email from the council about low traffic neighbourhoods.

Thing is I filled in a survey slating what they had done.

Apparently I'm suppose to support them putting planters everywhere and redirecting people down alternative roads, making those alternative roads more busy and more polluted. When they hadn't gone planter mad the traffic was more spread out making it safer as a pedestrian and cyclist who wasn't taking a child to school.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Oh and all the shredded paper is in the outside bin as they don't recycle around my way.
            Nowhere recycles shredded paper as the act of shredding makes the fibres too short to produce a good quality recycled product. I'm pretty sure someone could come up with a product if they really wanted to.

The next best thing is to try to bag up the undesirable shreddings into something that will decompose, rather than your usual black bag.

Comment

I have ordered a new chair for my office. I have also looked up back strengthening / good posture building exercises and will endeavour to start and end my working day with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Nowhere recycles shredded paper as the act of shredding makes the fibres too short to produce a good quality recycled product. I'm pretty sure someone could come up with a product if they really wanted to.

The next best thing is to try to bag up the undesirable shreddings into something that will decompose, rather than your usual black bag.
                We can put shredded paper in our recycling round here

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with multiseed bread. Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    We can put shredded paper in our recycling round here
                    Inneresting! I stand corrected!

The excuse I was given for not accepting it is obviously not a universal issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I use to live in a council area that did.

You had to put it in a clean clear plastic bag.

I don't know what they did with it.....

Comment

Working...
                      X