• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Now you know they do dodgy call routing you're more likely to answer the phone too
      Nah, Sainsbury’s don’t bother, you just get an unknown mobile number

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        Very nice as always

Busyness status: undisclosed, but from observation and experience I would guess at busier earlier

The delivery driver turns out to be Russian, not Polish; he was telling me about something on Russian TV, and once I'd realised, I noticed various aspects of his accent that correlated with the accents of the bad guys in The Equaliser

Comment

Sainsbury’s van parked at the corner of the side road, but no activity. Are they waiting until ten so they aren’t early?

Comment

Sainsbury’s van parked at the corner of the side road, but no activity. Are they waiting until ten so they aren’t early?
            Turns out that's exactly what he was doing. I had another look out at two minutes to the hour and could see light from the open back door of the van falling on the road behind it, so I grabbed my bags and headed down, and he showed up just after I got down there, pretty much right on the hour

Comment

Nah, Sainsbury’s don’t bother, you just get an unknown mobile number
              I must have gotten confused (easily done).

Odd he didn't call to advise of the potential for an early delivery; maybe there's been complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I must have gotten confused (easily done).

Odd he didn't call to advise of the potential for an early delivery; maybe there's been complaints.
                I could see him sat in the driver's seat, and suspect he was either finishing off paperwork, texting someone, or just having a little rest

I suppose if I was in his shoes I might well welcome the chance to take a few minutes for myself before getting back into the fray. If he was half-an-hour early he probably wouldn't have bothered, but I don't imagine the algorithm would notice him grabbing seven or eight minutes of respite if he still delivered bang on time.

Comment

Very nice as always

Busyness status: undisclosed, but from observation and experience I would guess at busier earlier

The delivery driver turns out to be Russian, not Polish; he was telling me about something on Russian TV, and once I'd realised, I noticed various aspects of his accent that correlated with the accents of the bad guys in The Equaliser
                  I've only had one not from the UK delivery driver since last March.

And it was last week.

I think he was Polish and due to the "hole" decided to park on a side road.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Listening to drunk radio.

I watched The Mask earlier.

Guessed one of the two unmasked people right. Just saying there are certain British accents you can't hide....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I started out on two or three films tonight, but somehow wasn't in the mood for any of them, so I ended up rewatching a couple of old favourites. First Interstellar (2014); and then The Intern (2015). They were much the same as they've previously been, except that the latter had been upgraded to 4K, which I don't think it had been last time I watched it.

By the by, I think The Intern is currently Free With Prime (though not in 4K) so if you haven't seen it and have Prime, you should watch it, as it's the best free gift you'll ever get

And onwards with S2E1 of The Americans, Comrades (TV Episode 2014)

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X