• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nod to DrS - last week a number of us on a Zoom call I frequent were discussing the Terry Nation epic Survivors. Thankfully it having been mentioned in here I'd watched enough to know what was going on.

Comment

And some of the scenarios suggested by NF with people being shot outside the hardware shop were starting to feel like the second half of Threads.... that film scared the life out of me, had me feeling wrong for days.

(Though The War Game has something similar at one point with looters being shot, and a similarly downer ending. It's interesting how in 20 years between the two productions it went from a nuclear war being like a really bad version of The Blitz to being the end of civilization as we know it. I guess that expectations shifted as we became better informed - as well as nuclear arms proliferation).

Cheery tonight, eh?

Comment

Right, tuna and cucumber cob eaten. Time for semolina.

Comment

Much to the chagrin of CovKid I who wants tapioca.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            And some of the scenarios suggested by NF with people being shot outside the hardware shop were starting to feel like the second half of Threads.... that film scared the life out of me, had me feeling wrong for days.

(Though The War Game has something similar at one point with looters being shot, and a similarly downer ending. It's interesting how in 20 years between the two productions it went from a nuclear war being like a really bad version of The Blitz to being the end of civilization as we know it. I guess that expectations shifted as we became better informed - as well as nuclear arms proliferation).

Cheery tonight, eh?
            All good clean fun

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Much to the chagrin of CovKid I who wants tapioca.

Comment

Duvet out of the WM and towels now in.

Bed made after I looked at it and thought "I CBA right now" followed by a "I'll regret that later"

Now eating crisps instead of any of HWMBO's leftovers

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring and red ring closed

And I watched the first half of the pencil factory programme, in which the historian woman went to Cumbria to learn about the discovery of graphite and early development of the pencil from none other than James Ward, creator and host of the Boring Conference (he's also the author of a history of stationery)

Comment

For those who find such things inneresting, Our Roger is doing his Watery thing on Sky Arts at 21:00.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea tonight has been more of the roast gammon, with chips, fried eggs and beans. Very nice

Not sure whether to freeze the last portion or use it for a couple of lunches. Probably the lunches, as freezer space is still at a premium

I see BR14 has managed to get himself cast into the outer darkness again

Comment

Working...
                      X