• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning (or at least I assume it's morning, bit difficult to tell today).

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Sunless.

Grey verging on black.

Wet.

Windy.

Full on rain, hail, & murrain of beasts.

17 deg in here, so warmer.

985 mBar, 29.1 inHg, 55% RH.

Wednesday according to reports.

Pritti Nasty was on the wireless so I shut it off.

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    "Finding Alice" is entertaining. Keeley Hawes unrecognisable, since the last time I saw her on the telly was in "Spooks" (I think?).
    You missed her in "Summer of Rockets" then?

Now: "More or Less" on R4, revealing, as ever, the perfidy of govermint.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Pleasant enough in its way.

Several drain grids unblocked in a, no doubt, vain attempt to avoid the rivers of water in the gutters of the road effect.

Glad to see that the culvert near Fairyland House remains unblocked, which is more than can be said for the drain grid next to the cemetery.

WTF to do with the rest of the day is moot, since work outside is problematic.

I was pleased to see all the filler I applied to the door of the tin shed had washed out since Friday since I was unable to give it a coat of paint to protect it.

<hiatus>

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thick crust), blackcurrant jam sandwich on Morrisons multiseed bread x 2 (they didn't have the wholemeal sunflower & spelt last Sunday), yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other other news, I think the plasterers have finished next door.

Which is a mild relief.

Afternoon entertainment: "Night Passage" with Jimmy Stewart (singing, gawdelpus) and Audie Murphy, he of the MOH.

Oh dear(tm), it's got a song over the titles, which Is Never A Good Sign.

Jimmy Stewart sings too.

Cue a donnybrook.

Oooo "Shane! Shane! Come back Shane!" is in it.

It must be said that a bit less singing would have been good.

I seem to have decided not to watch "Strategic Air Command" featuring the B36 and B47.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100% (of 8 plays), running average 84% (83.6something).

Tea: liver and bacon with onion gravy, a ready to eat mango (Morrisons, reduced) that was good in parts & rather better than yesterday's, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Just spent 20 minutes with a brillo pad cleaning the teapot.

Feck me it was hard work.

Entertainment: Tudur Owen's TV flashbacks.

Gosh, haven't seen one of those for a while, "This programme will resume once we've fed the hamster".

Abandoned Engineering.

Devon & Cornwall walks.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 January 2021, 19:44.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and damp this morning. Currently 10 degrees and will reach 11. Rain expected throughout the day. Barometer has plummeted down to 992 mBar.

First coffee was interrupted by being asked to join a meeting.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Aged 63, Belgian-born actress Audrey Hepburn dies 1993

Comment

Stormy Weather....

Camberley Weather (this is not my house, but less than 4 miles away).
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Watched Maze runner - well that was a set up for a franchise if ever I saw one. Not a terrible story or special effects but lots left for next movie in the series.

Started Catching Fire Mockingjay Part 1 I think the best movies have passed.

Dinner was roast pork (roast in the tray) with veg & gravy. Yum
          Last edited by vetran; 20 January 2021, 09:35.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning
            Wet
            Windy
            wednesday

Comment

Just remembered that it's Friday for me

Last day of the working week

Comment

Morning.

Grey, raining, windy, apparently 10 degrees which is today's high.

Hole workers still working.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another rubbish night's sleep followed by a failure to get up due to making up lost sleep

Grey and showery out after a lot of rain overnight, 11°C, 972/980mB.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Another rubbish night's sleep followed by a failure to get up due to making up lost sleep
                    I got up late due to falling asleep again. Gawd, my dreams involve social distancing. Thank heavens they never involved Br***.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      I got up late due to falling asleep again. Gawd, my dreams involve social distancing. Thank heavens they never involved Br***.

Comment

Working...
                      X