• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Walked around the block a bit.
    posted 'proof of life' forms to CH and NL for my respective state pensions.
    had a bacon and egg brown bap, with HP <manly> sauce* and earl grey tea.
    Recycling trundled.
    Sunday sodding Sunday.

*other sauces are available, for wooses.
    I hope you did not include yopur CUK posts or they may conclude otherwise....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      time to get her sectioned!

Hope she gets better soon, you finally found someone to put up with you!
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Hope she's OK!
      She said something about horse manure on the stairs....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Try racing up and down The Mall at 70mph for an hour or so, that should sort it out
        I saw someone doing that! Filming Johnny English 2.....

Comment

No weather outside. Its too dark for that yet....

Comment

Morning

After a pink sky the sky is now grey.

It was drizzling earlier. Currently 3 degrees with today's high being of 8 degrees because it will be raining.

The hole across the road where they don't make much noise, has now been joined by workmen digging another road nearby making lots of noise. The temporary traffic lights appear to be broken so the white van men are taking it into their hands to guess whether it is their right of way and the car drivers are following like sheeple.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Quite bright out, dry. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 2) and will reach 8 later. Dry, sunshine and clouds this morning with cloud cover increasing and rain due this afternoon. Barometer down a touch to 1023 mBar.

Had a call with my doctor this morning following Friday's blood tests. I am to go in for a F2F appointment later this morning. Inflammatory and ovarian markers are high, but white cell count normal, so all the due diligence tests will now kick off.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Brazilian surfer Maya Gabeira rides the largest-ever wave by a female at 20.72m (68ft) at Praia do Norte, Nazare in Portugal 2018

Comment

Morning.

Dry Drizzling.

Blue sky.

Coldish at 15.7 deg in here.

1022 mBar, inHg, 54% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing gently this morning.

Andrew Marr waffling on about Aids.

The Pulse version of "Dark Side of the Moon" playing on the CD.

tulipty night's sleep so I should be snoring in about 5 minutes or so.

Currently wondering why anyone is thinking of setting up a Ltd these days.

Now on to "Master of the Universe" by Hawkwind.

I think I can feel "Brainstorm" coming on.

Yup.

It needs turning up to 11.

I dunno what it says about me that I listen to this stuff stone cold sober.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

It started off as a light drizzle and ended up as a very heavy drizzle by the time I'd staggered back down.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust, thick), red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Dunno WTF I'm going to do this afternoon, considering the weather.

Maybe some Freecell would fit requirements.

Or maybe that 5G guitar fuzzbox thing might get simulated.

It also strikes me that building bits of the damn thing on breadboard would probably be quicker.

<hiatus>

Yet another bundle of Xmas/Birthday/Mother's day/Father's day/ cards found, scrunched up and binbagged ready for Ye Greate Conflagratione when the wind's up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Curious PCB design transfers found in a cardboard box during the afternoon's desperate search for sommat to do.

I'm looking forward with eager anticipation to the pyromania tomorrow. <- the bonfire not me.

No Freecell was played today, though yesterday's attempt was 100%, the day before's was 100%, and the day before that was also 100%.

The running average remains at 84% (83.6 something).

The score on this box is a miserable 71% since it counts every attempt, including those after you've failed the first time.

One two plays. .

Still 71%.

<hiatus>

Tea: the last of the roast lamb, a rather ripe mango (Morrisons, reduced, and ripe unlike the couple that took a fortnight to become something approaching ripe), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The unbelievable truth: R4, and ze German is on it this veek.

STOS: S2 E26: "Assignment: Earth" wherein our heroes, whilst back in the 20th century (just look at those tape drives) intercept a transporter beam carrying Gary Seven & his "cat".

I rather enjoyed that.

S3 E1 is "Spock's Brain" which is the indication that Roddenberry had left & been replaced by an idiot who presumably had shot all the writers.

Currently watching "Something's Killing Me" about the Staudt family who seemed to like poisoning their family members with antifreeze.

<hiatus>

Tried watching "Book Club" but I'm not innerested in it.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 January 2021, 21:41.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  We are watching Polar (2019) - IMDb

A retiring assassin suddenly finds himself on the receiving end of a hit, contracted by none other than his own employer seeking to cash in on the pensions of aging employees.

Potentially lots of gun fighting, bangy nonsense that's maybe not too dissimilar to RED or John Wick.
                  This turned out to be a very entertaining fillum. More John Wick than RED in the end. Good ending too.

I had to hide behind my hands for one torture scene cos I'm a wuss.

Comment

On hearing on the radio this morning that the vaccine programme is now being offered to the over 70's, it dawned on me that my parents perhaps shouldn't have been jabbed yet (they're 72 this year and not medically vulnerable). I then remembered my Dad saying they received a call at 0830 Friday morning offering them an appointment for 1745 that afternoon. I suspect they were filling up the appointment book rather than waste doses, which is a good thing.

Comment

Monday
                      Meh

Comment

Working...
                      X