• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install the Windows 10 LTSC version. No Cortana, no Windows store [emoji12]
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

It's dull and wet out there this morning. It's 6 degrees ('feels like' 3) and may reach 9 later. The rain is supposed to pass and the sun bestow its shining face upon us this afternoon. Barometer is down to 1018 mBar.

Had a nice lie in. HWMBO had to get up to continue with his course delivery so I put the radio on about the time DrS turned his off.

Off to Waitrose later to pick up my 'click and collect' John Lewis order (essentials, I'll have you know - magentic knife rack, two saucepans and tupperwear). It'll be ready from 3pm apparently.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Egyptian city Cairo is engulfed by a sandstorm, turning it orange 2019

Comment

Towels (tea and bath) in the WM.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

morning
          been snowing
          now raining
          King Billy
          I HATE WINDOZE!!!
          Win10 update, now laptop bricked FFS.
          Sorted with sfc and DISM then sfc again.
          corrupt DLL FFS.
          I hate these mickey mouse OS's.
          still, dun now

Comment

Towels out, smalls in (the WM)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              You also need to check dates as they deliver the items and refuses ones that are stupidly dated.

That causes them a problem they will notice as the return path to sell the items again is always painful and creating slight bits of pain will ensure you get the long dated flag passed to the picker.
              I tried that and it made no difference.

So I now just send them a politely worded email.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sorted with sfc and DISM then sfc again.
                corrupt DLL FFS.
                I hate these mickey mouse OS's.
                still, dun now
                Still setting up my new computer....

Though obviously sorted out the browser first.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Still setting up my new computer....

Though obviously sorted out the browser first.
                  Now setting it up as dual boot with Mint.
                  I can just swap next time Win10 fecks it up, and fix it in my own time.

Comment

Now setting it up as dual boot with Mint.
                    I can just swap next time Win10 fecks it up, and fix it in my own time.

I dual boot as well.

Comment

I just remembered I watched Drag Race UK Series 2 episode 1 last night. BBC iPlayer - RuPauls Drag Race UK

Not seen any great make up artists like in last years show but they seem to have some costume designers/makers among the artists.

Comment

Working...
                      X