• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

It's a bit early. Not sure I like being awake at this time of day. It's dry out but overcast. Currently 4 degrees and it'll get up to 5 later. Chance of rain over lunchtime. Barometer up to 1018 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Liverpool and Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah is named 'African Football Player of the year' 2018

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Sadly the Welsh won the darts. It was all terribly exciting.
      Cymru Am Byth!

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Warmer.

1021 mBar, 30.15 inHg, 55% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming oh so very brightly Roy.

I note with innerest that there's an Old Stone Face film on this afternoon.

There's a fair amount to find time for between now & then.

Must have wriggled a lot overnight but the sleep seemed reasonably satisfying.

The Telex Machine is now emitting X rays when I was reminded that 5 eps of this crap are on this week:

BBC Radio 4 - Rethink Fairness, Rethink Fairness: Wealth

I detest that self satisfied twat.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the outdoor rawness.

Most of the mud remained frozen so it was a bit longer than just up & down the road.

The increasingly dark clouds encouraged a slightly shorter route than Saturdays since it was spotting with rain.

And I was busting for a pee.

Then it was on to yet more tinsheddery with the addition of a shelf to the workbench and the moving of the PCB guillotine, bench grinder, and pillar drill (Chinese crap version) to said shed.

Curiously the shelf required fitting by eye since fitting by spirit level was so weird as to be ridiculous (i.e. the entire bench isn't level & making that shelf level was pointless).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (non crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, and a couple of Family Circle biscuits.

Afternoon Entertainment: Old Stone Face in "Coroner Creek (1948)".

<hiatus>

Well that was a cracking film. Unusually graphic for 1948.

Now: Sewermen S1 E1.

Next: Sewermen S1 E2.

Satisfyingly foul.

<hiatus>

Tea: more of yesterday's meh roast beef, an assortment of biscuits, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, plus a mr Kipling's iced mince pie (which aren't as nice as the Morrisons lattice top ones).

Entertainment: Police Interceptors whilst eating since I can't stand ISIHAC, having detested it unbidden for 45 years or more.

Followed by Rob Bell waffling on about the Sydney Harbour Bridge (the listings say it's the Golden Gate Bridge).

Next: Filthy Britain.

I'd seen it before, it was the one with the Giant Ball of Roots about 10 feet long in the sewer.

Now: "The Man Who Fell to Earth from the Sky".

About people falling from the landing gear of planes over London.

Seems to be quite a thing.

And the one who survived flying from Johannesburg.

Non stop.

We have yet to discover how fecked up he is from anoxia and frostbite.

This guy:

South African stowaway who survived harrowing flight from Joburg to UK finally tells his story.

Poor sod is living in Liverpool.

Turns out the chap who fell to earth was alive at the time though probably not conscious.

Chap tracked down his family in Mozambique.

Seems to have all his parts though the legs seem less than adequately functional.

In a coma for 6 months.

Memo to self: don't try flying across the world in the wheel well of a BA jet, it seldom ends well.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 January 2021, 23:01.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, though the occasional rain from last night seems to have stopped

It's a bit chilly again at 3°C; barometer's up, at 1013/1021mb.

Comment

Watched Hang 'Em High last night, must be 50 years since I last watched it so not familiar. Horrible really, crowds turning up with their kids to watch hangings as if it was a festival.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

morning

grey and damp in soggy sarf herts.
            Monday
            meh.

Comment

Loony lady 1 phoned and said she had two holes that needed filling.

Darn it, she's just touching up in her kitchen and wanted to know if I had any spare filler.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

First crank call of 2021!

"I am calling from the technical department of Sky about your internet connection."

01604 242824 is the number that came up but it could be from anywhere.

Strangely the caller hung up when I said I've never been a customer of Sky and, as I don't have an internet connection, what technical issue could I possibly have?

Comment

Afternoon.

Interesting developments across the road.

Men and machinery drew up with flashing lights.

Blocked one lane of traffic, put up temporary traffic lights and signs on the footpath saying "footpath is closed". They look like they were going to dig a hole.

However can't see/hear a hole being dug....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Afternoon.

Interesting developments across the road.

Men and machinery drew up with flashing lights.

Blocked one lane of traffic, put up temporary traffic lights and signs on the footpath saying "footpath is closed". They look like they were going to dig a hole.

However can't see/hear a hole being dug....
                      They probably forgot to load the hole on the truck and had to send somebody back to the depot for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X