• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    CBS and King Billy in shiny, shivery Sarf Herts.

Comment

Mid morning snack of jam on toast currently being enjoyed.

I'm now thinking of making mini bakewell tarts (it's a berries and cherries jam, you see)

Comment

Bleedin' 'eck. I was thinking it was xmas day today. It's that damn change to the recycle bin day, it messes with yer mind.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning

Lovely and sunny out.

Today's high is 7 degrees and low of 1 degree.

Watching Kung Foo Panda....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

I did think about having a bacon butty, but I need to get through some freezer stocks to make room for the turkey soup I'll be making on Boxing Day

Comment

Inbound trundling of a recycling bin accomplished

If I can be bothered, I can half-fill it with stuff already piled up in the kitchen, as others filled it quite rapidly the past couple of weeks, usually with stuff that shouldn't be in there. But I might wait until Boxing Day when there'll be more stuff to go in there.

Comment

The Polish café have been working late into the night all this week; they were still there gone midnight last night. Given with the fact that they've also been using a van when their estate car usually suffices, I assume they've been taking orders for traditional Polish Christmas food for delivery to the diaspora around the city.

They're there now, but I assume they'll knock off early today for a well-earned Christmas break

I vaguely remember them working late in the run-up this time last year too, but they also had a few Christmas parties going on there on various evenings, which of course hasn't been possible this year

Comment

Lunch was also soup.
                  Baxter's 'hearty' spicy green lentil daal.
                  quite hot, too.
                  <== Soup

Comment

Mother on the phone…

M: Have you heard anything?
                    Me: No, not yet.
                    M: Oh, well I'd better not keep you talking in case they're trying to phone you.
                    Me: I've told you, they don't phone you.
                    M: Oh, what do they do?
                    Me: As I explained, they send an email and a text.
                    M: And have you had any?
                    Me: IF I'D HAD ANY I'D KNOW WHAT THE RESULT WAS WOULDN'T I!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Mother on the phone…

M: Have you heard anything?
                      Me: No, not yet.
                      M: Oh, well I'd better not keep you talking in case they're trying to phone you.
                      Me: I've told you, they don't phone you.
                      M: Oh, what do they do?
                      Me: As I explained, they send an email and a text.
                      M: And have you had any?
                      Me: IF I'D HAD ANY I'D KNOW WHAT THE RESULT WAS WOULDN'T I!
                      Sounds like the sort of conversations I have with my parents

Comment

Working...
                      X