• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sainsbury's are apparently out of duck fat, as I'd ordered a jar and they attempted to substitute extra virgin coconut oil. As the smoke point of such oil is 50°C lower than that of duck fat, being around gas mark 4 in real terms, it is clearly not a viable substitute for anyone planning to make roast potatoes. Rejected

But it turned out I'd already bought a jar the other week, which I found in the fridge when I was putting everything else away

Comment

Listening to the fourth and final Reith Lecture of 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        But it turned out I'd already bought a jar the other week, which I found in the fridge when I was putting everything else away

a senior moment

Comment

Sainsbury's are apparently out of duck fat, as I'd ordered a jar and they attempted to substitute extra virgin coconut oil. As the smoke point of such oil is 50°C lower than that of duck fat, being around gas mark 4 in real terms, it is clearly not a viable substitute for anyone planning to make roast potatoes. Rejected

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          a senior moment
          In a similar vein I went through a phase of thinking I was low on butter and so kept picking up a pack (or two if on offer). Then discovering on putting them in the fridge that I had more than plenty. I had to organise them by date to make sure they were used in an appropriate order.

I didn't buy more toothpaste for ages as I'd bulk bought a good while ago due to an offer and just noticed the other day that the tiny bit left in the tube was all I had left.

Comment

My supermarket delivery will be here later. Apparently early than I booked so I'm going to kick off with them if it does arrive earlier.

Have 3 substitutions which are acceptable and one item missing.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ordered LOADS of takeaway to hopefully keep me fed for the foreseeable. I really fancied Ramen and there's a place on the High Street I've walked past many a time and never got around to trying. Well, tonight's the night

Comment

Turkish for tea

More than 4 of us could possibly eat so the rest will do for tomorrow.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just had strong words with customer service.

Oddly my delivery time has now been pushed back but not enough.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My Dad phoned just as I was unpacking my dinner. Trying to explain the concept of ramen was a challenge.

The parentals are still going to my godmother's for Christmas day dinner as planned. Visits to my brother+fam have been cancelled now they're in tier 4.

Comment

As the smoke point of such oil is 50°C lower than that of duck fat
                      50°F, I meant

Comment

Working...
                      X