• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People seem much more likely to chat to strangers these days. Had three ladies on their own start talking to me on my walks in last few weeks. When women don't see you as a possible threat in the middle of nowhere you know you must be getting old.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      People seem much more likely to chat to strangers these days. Had three ladies on their own start talking to me on my walks in last few weeks. When women don't see you as a possible threat in the middle of nowhere you know you must be getting old.
      Maybe they were on the pull?

Comment

Morning all.

The ground is damp/wet but no active precipitation at present. Overcast and dull. It's 8 degrees at the moment and will get up to 13 this afternoon (it's a Scottish summer!). High chance of rain, off and on but more likely to be on. Barometer up to 1004 mBar.

Rubbish night's sleep, almost thought I'd be awake at Bells on Sunday time but that ended up being one of the rare dozing periods.

Laundry basket was full so I wedged the whole lot into the WM rather than separate out to make pegging out easier. This will no doubt annoy me in a couple of hours

I have done a cursory tidy and now need to dust and hoover.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey damp day out; though it isn't actually raining right now, it will be again shortly

7°C out there at the moment, but that's forecast to keep rising, reaching 11° this evening

I must have slept at a funny angle or something as I have a touch of sciatica on my right side

Still, Monkey Life is on soon

Comment

Afternoon.

Consumed lots of vino last night atba local restaurant. They put a tent in the garden for those from different households.

I woke up and the sky was grey, then it got greyer and started raining. Luckily people have brought out B&Q and Wilko's so loads of Christmas lights and random trees decorated to cheer up the greyness.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

At 7am this morning an amazon parcel left the local depot to be delivered to a friend (x-box series X sourced from Amazon Germany)...

It still hasn't arrived...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's grim up North today
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  It's grim up North today
                  FTFM
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So far today,

Laundry hung up and drying

Brunch of scrambled egg on toast eaten

Watched episode 1 of The New Elizabethans with Andrew Marr

Watching episode 2 of The Yorkshire Ripper Files: A Very British Crime Story

Discovered there's a solar eclipse over Antarctica on 4 December next year so now figuring out if I want to drop 11k on an Antarctic cruise
                    Solar Eclipse Cruise to Antarctica, Falklands and South Georgia | Hurtigruten UK

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      At 7am this morning an amazon parcel left the local depot to be delivered to a friend (x-box series X sourced from Amazon Germany)...

It still hasn't arrived...
                      And it has now - so I have one happy nephew....
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X