• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Now finished episode 6 of Valhalla.
    Me too. Iceland seems very weird. A country with unlimited hydrothermal electricity and noone turns their lights on. It's perma-dark...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I cheered myself up after my earlier viewing with some OC.

Then turned the tellybox off to search fruitlessly for a TV unit.

Found the G-Plan coffee table I have on eBay for £70. The number of people selling refurbished G-Plan stuff and then changing the legs to make it look 'more modern' Anyway, there wasn't anything of that style which suited what I wanted to use it for or would fit the gap I have so my search for something sympathetic continues.

I did nearly buy a dressing table / desk (I have nowhere to put it) and a cocktail cabinet (ditto).

Comment

And it's been raining so my rubbish is staying put and won't be trundled up the stairs to be helpful to the collectors in the morning.

Comment

Tea earlier was lamb scouse, with a couple of bits of sesame bloomer

And tonight's viewing was S1E3 of The Valhalla Murders, Valhalla (TV Episode 2020). I think the chap who flew in from Norway just seems a bit off because he was raised by Jehovah's Witnesses; I believe that can have quite adverse effects on a person

Early night now, as the fog gradually thickens outside - though it isn't yet as thick as this time last night, which wasn't that thick anyway

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

A light fog out. Dry and reasonably bright. It's 1 degree and will get up to 4 later. The sun is alleged to be making an appearance around lunchtime. Rain expected overnight. Barometer up a bit to 1003 mBar.

Rubbish had not been collected from the bottom of my stairs. A quick look up the street showed no piles as usually prepped by the refuse and recycling redistribution engineers (they must be having a lie in this morning) so I moved my items to the top of the stairs for collection when they turn up. Chilly out! Brrr

First coffee nearly dealt with. No meetings until 10 am.

Comment

Just had a call from a Glasgow number on my mobile. Cue me dashing round to the southern wing of my flat to get a better signal.

"This is a call from HM Revenue and Customs to inform you there is a tax fraud investigation on your account. Press 1 to be connected to..."

At which point I hung up.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I cheered myself up after my earlier viewing with some OC.

Then turned the tellybox off to search fruitlessly for a TV unit.

Found the G-Plan coffee table I have on eBay for £70. The number of people selling refurbished G-Plan stuff and then changing the legs to make it look 'more modern' Anyway, there wasn't anything of that style which suited what I wanted to use it for or would fit the gap I have so my search for something sympathetic continues.

I did nearly buy a dressing table / desk (I have nowhere to put it) and a cocktail cabinet (ditto).
                I bought G-Plan earlier this year, unmolested. Hairpin legs can damage your floors and carpets, so I went for the alternative. Sideboard, Hi-Fi cupboard and nest of tables.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  I bought G-Plan earlier this year, unmolested. Hairpin legs can damage your floors and carpets, so I went for the alternative. Sideboard, Hi-Fi cupboard and nest of tables.
                  You got a lovely set, I remember you showing me the photos.

I only have about 115-120 cm of width to play with and in that I need a slot for the sound bar and storage for tat (which can be open shelves or drawers). I'd like whatever I get to be sympathetic with my G-Plan coffee table. Their TV units with the slide out shelf aren't quite what I'm looking for.

Comment

Which coffee table are you going for, Star Trek or Aircraft Carrier?

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      Which coffee table are you going for, Star Trek or Aircraft Carrier?
                      I've already got the coffee table, had it for about 20 years.

None of that tat in my place!

Comment

Working...
                      X