• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Cold and frosty but nice and sunny.

Listening to the Liar In Chief. He wants them to stop counting the votes even though in one state all the counting staff went home overnight.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but only 8°C so far, heading for 11°C

Comment

Sheets in the WM at 08:00.

Sheets on the line at 11:15 after much cursing at the length of the last fecking minute shown by the machine.

My 1950s dustbin incinerator has bitten the dust, having served faithfully for quite a while.

The roof of the garage is covered in condensation which is merrily dripping on everything. .

It's like a shower in there.

The tarp on the shed is still doing its job, which is nice.

Lunch (once the sun is over the yard arm): poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thick crust, other end), bramble jelly on Morrisons multisedd bread, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Stomach now grumbling in anticipation.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Temp up to double figures, sun streaming in the office window, I may have to remove some clothing,
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My weather app is reporting double digits too. Although the clear blue sky seems to be giving way to some ominous looking dark cloud. It's still quite bright out at the moment so maybe they'll pootle off and empty their contents elsewhere.

Comment

Clouds building somewhat here now too, but more fluffy than ominous

Comment

Lunch: as predicted earlier.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 83%.

Drillers back again.

It's going to be a bit difficult getting the wheely bin out this evening since there's scaffolding in the way.

I may have to take around next door.

The final tranche of railway mags should meet the recycling tomorrow.

There's a fair few of my skool excercise books that might usefully travel with them.

Who'd have thunk div grad and curl would have featured?

No memory of this whatsoever.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 November 2020, 12:59.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been ham, pea and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Not too much of that left now, but I have a shoulder of lamb to roast so the focus will be shifting to Scotch broth for a bit

Well, probably. I'm still considering making lamb scouse instead, but it'll probably be the broth, what with the cold weather coming on.

Comment

Lunch was a ham and cucumber sandwich
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      jdjdsjd

Happy Fifteenth Birthday
                      to

TPD!

Comment

Working...
                      X