• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My petrol voucher turned out to be 4x Nectar points, not the 10p/litre off that I'd thought. I think I must have been remembering one I got a while ago. Still better than nowt I suppose, and at least the tank's full again

Comment

Shopping (Sainsbury's only) has been accomplished
      Do most of my shopping at Sainsbury's too. Used one of their auto scan things last week. Really good but don't understand how they stop people getting free food by just putting things in the bag without scanning.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Do most of my shopping at Sainsbury's too. Used one of their auto scan things last week. Really good but don't understand how they stop people getting free food by just putting things in the bag without scanning.
        They are suppose to randomly search you or watch you on CCTV.

In my area it is the 20-something males and parents with pushchairs who get watched and stopped. In all the supermarkets.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bit of a walk walked to make up the deficit on the workout app, which had only credited me with eleven minutes' exercise for all that bin-wrangling and shopping; green ring and red ring closed, thus completing all three rings

Comment

Very much enjoyed this:

BBC Four - Frankenstein: How to Make a Monster

Sadly, I thought there was a TV or filmed version of the stage show but I was wrong.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 30 October 2020, 19:38.

Comment

I don't need to make one.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, stewed pears & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the remaining half of "To kill a mockingbird".

Followed by a documentary on same.

Now: Susan Calman's secret Scotland.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner: Chicken curry

Ents: Have I Got News For You with Steph

Comment

Baroness Warsi is on fine form.
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 30 October 2020, 21:18.

Comment

This week's Mock the Week was highly entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X