• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right I need to find some other entertainment.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Autumnwatch was inneresting. The goats and meece particularly so.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Lovely sod-the-calories dinner of roast gammon, fried eggs, chips and beans

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Entertainment: thing on Mad King Ludwig's castles on BBC4 at 20:00 (though it's Dan Cruikshank which may cause early termination), thing about JFK on More4, and whatever else I decide is of vague innerest after I've done the dishes.
          Well that went out the window: played Freecell: disasterous score: 78%.

Now watching JFK on More4+1.

He's in the White House, the Bay of Pigs fiasco, and the Freedom Riders.

Now he's off to Paris.

Then off to meet Mr K.

It didn't go well.

Next: the Mob.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2020, 22:48.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Episode four of Surgeons duly watched during and after dining

After that, I remembered that I watched S1E1 of Life on Mars ages ago, but for some reason never continued with it. So it was S1E2 of that; pretty good for the most part, though I suspect there were a couple of anachronisms in some of the policing terminology used by the 1973 coppers. Then again, if it's all in his head, that would explain it

Goodnight all

Comment

Well I fell asleep.

Morning!
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Good morning fine people

Dull, overcast, damp. Looks like there's been a sprinkling of rain but nothing currently ongoing. It's 10 degrees at the moment with a forecast high of 14 expected. Showers due all morning, should ease after lunch. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

First coffee has been made.

I will do my to-do list, I will!
                Last edited by ladymuck; 31 October 2020, 09:02. Reason: misread the barometer

Comment

Morning all

Wet. Very wet. Very very wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dark grey sky.

Sunless.

Colder at 15.4 deg.

1009 mBar and 66% RH.

Thursday.

Oddly I wasn't woken by the recycling engineers at the requisite 06:30.

It's too wet at the moment to find out if the bins are empty.

<hiatus>

First war dialler call of the day: 08:32.

They've fixed the clock.

Where the feck is 006?
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 October 2020, 08:42.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rainy grey day out, though as it happens there's a brief pause in precipitation right now. But despite occasional pauses, it'll generally keep going until mid-afternoon

And it's still only 9°C out there, though forecast to hit 14° by nightfall and then maintain that until tomorrow. We shall see…

Comment

Morning all
                      The guineafowl survived their night up in the oak tree, and I survived the wrath of The Wife (tm) for not putting them to bed.

Grey & murky out, but at least it's not raining.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X