• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Gangs of New York, but I was an hour and ten minutes into it with much more than that to go and it felt like it hadn't even got started yet, so I assumed it wasn't going to and packed it in. Waste of time. I can't even be arsed to look up the IMDb link
    It's amazing the stoicism required for some of these epics.

Though I was quite surprised how easy to watch "War of the Worlds" was the 2nd time around.

It must be a mood thing.

So I decided to rewatch Armageddon (1998) instead; at least I know that's worth watching, and indeed it was
    Even Bruce Willis does it right now & again even if the physics is crap.

And as I was then in full-on rewatch mode, I rewatched Atomic Blonde (2017). It's probably not that long since I last rewatched it, but so what? At least it wasn't Gangs of New York, and it's my telly so I'll watch what I please
    Now yer talking.

Morning all

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

White sky.

15.8 deg in here.

1022 mBar and 65% RH.

Saturday.

As for listening to "Ramblings" the wireless may have been on but I was asleeep.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Last breakfast in Portugal being eaten. Passenger Locator Form completed ahead of my return to the UK later. I wonder if anyone will want to look at it this time?

Currently 9 degrees with a bit of cloud. Forecast to reach 20 later.

Comment

Postcode prefixes are vague and arbitrary symbols of the way the GPO envisaged postal deliveries might henceforth be arranged in the 1960s
        Maybe they'll replace 'em with that What3Words thing. Got the app on my phone in case I have a heart attack or summit when on my walks but my cheap old phone takes so long to get a dodgy GPS signal I'd probably have snuffed it by then. Probably better to shout F* SH* A* at the top of my voice. Somebody might hear.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all
          Grey
          King Billy
          Saturday
          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Last breakfast in Portugal being eaten. Passenger Locator Form completed ahead of my return to the UK later. I wonder if anyone will want to look at it this time?

Currently 9 degrees with a bit of cloud. Forecast to reach 20 later.
            You will be disappointed when you get back.

Nice and grey here with a high of (checks weather app) 12 degrees but no rain.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning!

The French have gone mad, BJ is mad.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Got a massive pile of logs from a dead old oak tree cut down earlier this year. Posted on Freecycle and got 5 responses in about 10 minutes. Bloke coming with a truck in a couple of hours.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Glass of wine in the hotel garden.

Lovely day, a very comfortable 19 degrees at the moment with light cloud cover. It's really quite hot when the sun comes out so I made HWMBO move to a shady seat (as I am pale and feeble)

Taxi coming at 1330 to take us to the train station.

Comment

Walk walked.

The deceased fox seems to have disappeared.

Which is good since it was stinking.

Lunch: Heinz tomato with a hint of chilli soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day, neither warm nor cold at 11°C. The forecast says no rain but I reckon I can smell it in the air now and then, and the radar shows a shower or two in the vicinity

Comment

Working...
                      X